1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another Reason Not to be Wild About Harry

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by hillclimber1, Oct 29, 2007.

1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

by Phil Perkins

The recent “outing” by Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling of master wizard Albus Dumbledore as gay is yet another gratuitous bow to the gay lobby and slap in the face to people of faith. Why Rowling felt compelled to add this pandering twist to her wildly successful Potter series is anyone’s guess. Unfortunately, our children and grandchildren are receiving reinforcement from what they’re already learning in school about “tolerance” from an author whose books they adore.

More... http://www.conservativetruth.org/index.php about half way down the page.

2. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

It wasn't bad enough that her books were about witchcraft marketed to children, now there's a homosexual character?

She's digging her grave. I doubt her next books will get as much attention and she will fade away.

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, if it makes everyone feel better, I read an article in (I think it was last week's) Time magazine and the the pro-gay author didn't seem so thrilled by the outing either. The reason being that it seemed as much of an afterthought for him as it did for everyone else.

Seems JKR can't make anyone happy with this move.