1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another verse that blows ME out of the water

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You answered a question with a question?

The answer is that God WILL sanctify you wholly.

1Th 5:24 Faithful [is] he that calleth you, who also will do [it].

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

So, can a servant be some fellow who simply sneaks into a household and pretends to be a servant just for the fun of it?

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

If he shed his blood that we might be saved, we have a little conundrum here, because there's a contradiciton:

1 Corinthians 15:3: For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

So, we see that he died for our sins. For whom did he die?

2 Corinthians 5:14-15 tells us: For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. [It also tells us that we should not henceforth live unto ourselves, but there are those here who will correct God and say that he didn't really mean subjunctive when he used subjuntive.]

But wait! What have we here?

Matthew 26:28 tells us for whom his blood was shed: For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

He died that we can be saved. He shed his blood for the remission of sins. We have to access that blood.

Oh, wait, I can hear it now: "All really means many."

Or, from those whose entire arsenal consists of lies: "So, are you saying that his blood sin't powerful enough for the remission of sins?"

4. standingfirminChrist

Judas Iscariat was made an Apostle and served the Lord and was proven unsaved.

#24 standingfirminChrist, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  5. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

And, since we had about 30 pages that proved no such thing, perhaps you could share your direct insight with God that shows us this.

6. standingfirminChrist

You must be blinder than I am, HoG.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Jhn 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled

The son of perdition is lost. The son of perdition is Judas.

Jesus said he is lost.

8. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Yet Jesus told him he would be on a throne.

What a conundrum!

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Where did Jesus say Judas would be on a throne?

Scripture please.

10. standingfirminChrist

Must be in one of Joey Faust's books.

11. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Don't forget Arlen Chitwood. He's another one of the half dozen people who believe in ME (most of which are members of BB, it seems).

12. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I guess those are just a few more of those verses that were posted that you choose to shut your ears to and say, "Why don't you post some verses?" Closing your eyes and sticking your fingers in your ears doesn't make them go away.

[​IMG]

But, since I'm sure you won't go back and look (and which some of you responded to), I'll repost them. (Although, I highly suspect that a week from now, some of you will be saying, "They were never posted!"):

Luke 22:30 That ye (y'all; he was talking to his 12 apostles) may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them (once again, 12 apostles), Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Oh, wait, wait! I've got it! Jesus just wasn't quite articulate enough to say, "All of you but Judas!" Right?

Or, did he just forge to mention that part?

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Jhn 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled

Jesus said that Judas was lost.

Ye which have followed me. That's excludes Judas, who betrayed Him.

No, He did mention it.

14. jne1611

jne1611 Member

YES! Yes! Yes! Amen! Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him...
    1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

15. jne1611

jne1611 Member

No. He is a servant all right, but a servant who has the love of the world in him. Like Judas who was not saved, but numbered with the twelve and chosen by Christ who knew he was a devil when he chose him. And if you will remember some of the last words Christ spoke to him were in a commanding mode.
    Joh 13:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly. Joh 13:28 Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him. Joh 13:29 For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.
    Joh 13:30 He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.

16. standingfirminChrist

Judas walked with Jesus and the other Apostles, but he certainly did not follow Him. Judas is excluded from sitting on a throne in the kingdom.

17. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Are you actually suggesting that Christ told one who he himself called the son of perdition, betrayer, lost, & Scripture defined as a devil, and Scripture detailed that The Devil entered into him, that he was going to rule with Christ? Well, that would flop your ME right over on its face would it not? If Judas will rule, no one else will have to worry about making it into the kingdom! What a bunch of :tonofbricks: There is just no end in sight to all this mess. I have seen enough to do me with this kind of twisted thinking. Hope someone talks some sense into these ME thinkers. As for me, I'm done with it.

#37 jne1611, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007
  18. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. I admire the quest of you guys into the heart of this doctrine of the Kingdom and where it's leading you, but I don't think I'm willing to go that far.

2. There're just too many obscurities and mysteries to try and unravel.

3. You have to be extremely well equipped to climb this Mount Everest to either prove that some believers are going to suffer a layover in outer darkness, while other believers are going to be reigning with Christ 1000yrs.

4. Let me know how the top of this Mount Everest of ideas looks like. I'm just not equipped to make that arduous journey.

19. standingfirminChrist

Judas will not be on a throne in the kingdom of our Lord.

ME is so far fetched, one would have to be blinded to the truth to believe it.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well, ain't that the truth! I never thought of that one. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.