1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Another Walk to Emmaus

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How do you explain Luke 24:22-24?
    Does Cleopas speak of women, or of men?

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. My Greek text use gynaikes for women, so I have no choice but to understand this text to be referring to the female gender. Plain and simple, my brother.

"22 In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning 23 but didn't find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. 24 Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see" (TNIV, emphasis mine).

2. Unless you're hinting at something else.

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks very much, TC Greek. You have found exactly what I think the text means, and actually says.

But there are people who maintain the re-assuring 'tour' to the tomb must have been the men's, who found that what the 'women' had told them, had been true. Their reason for saying so? I would like to hear what you would think these people would say!