1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Answering Atheists

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman

wrong once again winman....One reason you are always wrong is poor reading skills...you say Paul told sinners.....

Paul tells us he was writing to saints,,,look again my confused friend-

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth,
    to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus,
    called to be saints,
    with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord,
    both their's and our's:

3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

for the grace of God....WHICH IS GIVEN YOU:thumbs::thumbs:

no wonder you cannot recognize the true gospel:laugh::laugh: Do not let that stop you winman...keep opposing the truth!!!

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Who said he was not writing to the saved persons of Corinth? Not me.

You don't get it (or you do and won't admit it), Paul is RECALLING the gospel message he had first preached to these Corinthians. This was BEFORE they were saved.

You see, you don't need to preach the gospel to saved persons.

When Paul first preached this message to the Corinthians, he had no idea who was elect and who was not. And yet he told all of them that Jesus died for OUR sins.

1 Cor 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
    2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
    3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
    4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Paul is saying that he is declaring that gospel that he preached (past tense) to these Corinthians, which they received, and by which they are saved if they keep in memory what he preached (past tense) to them.

And that message he preached (past tense) to them was that Jesus died for OUR sins. That is what Paul had preached (past tense) to them.

Now you can try to distract and play all your games, nobody is fooled except for maybe a few very simple persons, but you are preaching another gospel, and someday you will stand before God and give account for this.

I deleted your little laughing smilies, because you won't be laughing then.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

You see Icon, Paul and the other apostles told people that Jesus died for OUR sins.

1 Jhn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

You see here that John told his hearers that Jesus was the propitiation for OUR sins, and not for OURS only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD.

Now, before you falsely try to claim that the "whole world" stands for the elect, all you have to do is look at the word "world" used in the very same chapter by John to see he is speaking of the unsaved persons of the world.

1 Jhn 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
    16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
    17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

So, it is very easy to see in context that John is not speaking of the elect when he says "the world" in verse 2, yet Jesus is the propitiation for these lost persons.

You have been told now, you have no excuse.

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman

[/QUOTE]

Glad you see it is another gospel winman...because unless you are saved by THIS gospel you will never see truth....YOU have another gospel and another spirit;
    But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

You have said this several times now...guess what???/ I believe you are correct...you have another...of a different kind: [heteros gospel].....another of a different kind....:laugh:

See I do believe something you posted:wavey:

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

You need spiritual eyesight.. your streak is intact.You have not gotten one verse correct this year:thumbs:

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

We'll see who is preaching another gospel come judgment day. Your Reformed teachers won't be able to help you on that day.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see it right now...in your posts:thumbs:I will stick with the faith once for all time delivered to the saints...that you oppose everyday 24/7....

yes...I will align with the followers of the biblical Jesus...the puritans, reformers, Apostles, early church...the confessions and catechisms , of the believing church...not your novelties and absurdities...

You are a scoffer and you have revealed such all along.

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

They won't be able to help you.

Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

You won't be able to blame the Puritans, or your many teachers on that day, you will give account of yourself only.

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are an accuser of the brethren.Jesus has saved me from my sins.Your ungodly accusations cannot harm me.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

neither you...nor satan can bring any just accusation against me.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord

ironically..you broke your streak here...you got romans 14 ;12 correct....

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

You cannot possibly know this if Limited Atonement is true.

11. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually I did mention that God so loved the world, but only briefly as I give law to the proud and Grace for the humble. Since DT Denver seems to be filled with many proud I usually approach them with the law. However I have at times ran into humble people (such as a homeless man) and for him I used the 10 commandments and then gave him grace.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I preach on sin. Its not me but its what the Bible teaches!! The other preacher hardly preached on sin, and the tracts he was giving out just barley touched it. However the one point you are right is that I also have preached and passed out tracts like that as well, so I cant judge him for he may have the right motives.

An excellent devotional for today

Wednesday, October 16, 2013
    Distasteful Sentiments

A great preacher once said, "I would rather hear it said, 'That man said something in his message that made many of the people think less of him; he uttered most distasteful sentiments; he did nothing but drive at us with the Word of the Lord while he was preaching. His one aim was to bring us to repentance and faith in Christ.' That is the kind of man whom the Lord delights to bless." He also said, "Ministers who do not aim to cut deep are not worth their salt. God never sent a man who never troubles men's consciences." How do you trouble the deadened consciences of a dying world? You preach the Moral Law coupled with the surety of future punishment. You speak of God's holiness and of His wrath. These are not things that the world wants to hear, but hear them they must if we want them to be saved. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.

http://www.wayofthemasterminute.com

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im a fan of George Whitfield (obviously)....have you studied the guy?

14. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Love this quote from Ravi Z, that I just came across.

People are listening very carefully not only to the substance of your argument, but also to the demeanor with which you approach the issues.

15. quantumfaith

If you "hear me" taking a stand against "preaching on sin" then you are not hearing clearly, or I am not communicating clearly. If you preach solely on peoples sin.......you need to make sure that your house is clean, or no one will pay attention. Yes, preach on sin and the deceit of the human heart, but do not ignore the other attributes of God as well. Balance.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is a complete lie to say Jesus died for sinners without qualifying 'sinners'. We are all sinners and you do not believe Jesus died for all. Partial truth...dishonest.

Telling someone who you have no idea that can believe is disingenuous. Again, not the whole truth...but I understand why the Calvinist does it, they are embarrassed by the logical conclusions and implications for believing something so heinous.

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

18. quantumfaith

I am saving this one, a rare moment for me. :)

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    webdog

It i s not a lie...because Jesus did die for sinners.Who said I never qualify the word sinners???? I start as simple as possible depending on who i am speaking with....young or old, churched or unchurched.

What do you think? I go up to a stranger and discuss infra and supra lapsarianism? The fact that all men are sinners in adam romans 3:23 makes it easy to qualify the term sinners.

In fact when I qualify the term I establish the necessity of understanding the scripture as the word of God,and how men have a natural aversion to it.
    Sin has darkened their mind,and God must illuminate the word to them.

1]yes...we are all sinners...agreed.

2]you do not believe.....what you or I believe does not matter...what scripture teaches is what matters.

3]you do not believe Jesus died for all.....correct! I believe the scriptures to teach that Jesus died for;

a] all the Father has given to Him

b] all kinds of men.....rich, poor, young old, kings, rulers, homeless,those in authority....
    c]men and women...from all around the world...every tribe ,kindred, tongue and nation...worldwide...not the jew only.

d] for every believing sinner...but not all men who ever lived...the bible teaches no such error...so I do not believe that error.:wavey:

Full truth, full gospel, honest, and faithful to the word is the focus.
    Not everyone we speak to is going to be saved.We are to be faithful to the word of God 2 cor 2:14-17 as I posted.The results belong to God ......life un to life, or death unto death.....we preach the truth no matter what.

WD....look at what you just wrote???Where do you see anywhere in scripture where we are supposed to speculate or judge who can believe or not? seriously....the fact that I know God has elected a multitude of sinners...ALL KINDS of sinners....and he is seeking and saving them is the most exciting thing a christian can come to realize.
    That God has elected and revealed that truth is his business.I rejoice in it,but leave that to HIM.
    My job and your job is to get around sinners with the word of life, and be ready and looking to open up the truth of God as the Spirit will move upon ,or not move upon that person.That is the Spirit's work, not yours or mine.
    I give the whole truth and your
    cal-phobia does not let you see it.
    I am not ashamed of any revealed truth.Benjamin tried{and failed}to make this same weak point.I take the conversation wherever it needs to go...
    I start with God as creator, the fall,God's law, the incarnation, the cross, the blood, repentance and new birth,and judgement to come,and if need be the fact that God is saving a multitude of people...but not everyone is going to be saved.

I have at times spoken of what we know theologically as the 5 points...all 5 if need be....not a problem.In fact if you are not doing so...your message is defective at some point...and it would be you doing the lying that you are eager to pin on the cal.:thumbsup:

#79 Iconoclast, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you know about preaching on sin??? Those whom you hold esteem fail to do this so I will not take your words seriously.