1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anti-Bullying turns to bullying

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gina B, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

2. mandym

mandym New Member

So it appears there is no regret, by the host of this speaker, to have invited him to speak. And bullying does not just occur to g*y people. It happens across the board to all kinds of people. This was an agenda laced event and it went they way they wanted it to go. Plain and simple.

3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What bothers me is the cheers at the presenter's final remarks.

Though there isn't any Scriptures to reflect upon, I often considered the cheering/jeering crowd didn't stop at the bottom of the hill called Golgotha.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Just goes to show: bullying is wrong unless it is pointed towards Christians - then it's just peachy.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I've already read this article.

Savage is just what the government ordered. He's politically correct, is hoodwinked by the government (the liberals prey & depend upon the ignorance of others to vote them in) g*y (part of my belief on the push for this lifestyle by the government is less procreation for starters) and is intolerant towards Christians. That makes him a poster boy for the liberal agenda.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Some may not understand, but I say let the guy say what he wants to say. It just shows the hypocrisy of the left. Most kids are pretty smart and will pick up on this.

This is not about bullying, it is about controlling free political and religious speech. There have already been a few preachers in Europe prosecuted for speaking out against h*m*sexuality. That is what these folks want.

If we want to be able to speak freely about our beliefs, then we have to allow others to freely speak about their beliefs. I am not afraid of those who disagree with me. Let them express themselves, then allow us to express ourselves and refute their view.

In a few years you will see children being expelled from school (or perhaps arrested) for calling someone a "nerd" or "fatso". It is not nice when people call other people names, but it is important to retain the right to free speech. Free speech will always offend someone, it is unavoidable.

I work with a Polish lady who lived in Poland when it was still communist. One day a teenage friend of hers told a joke about Stalin. The next day she disappeared, and nobody knew what had happened to her for about 5 years. Then one day she reappeared on the street. They lady I work with asked her where she had been. The girl would not say. If things keep going, it is going to be like that here someday.

#6 Winman, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  7. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

He does have a right to say what he wants. I applaud those who bravely left the onslaught.

It as long been my belief that those who preach tolerance are in fact the least tolerant in our society.

8. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

homosexual

gay

lesbian

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

. Actually, no he does't. This was a high school. There are laws against cursing in public places. I have called to enact those laws when my children were young and playing in a public area. Adults were there using foul language. The police let them know that if they did it again, they would be fined. Most schools themselves have their own rules against foul language and against bullying, especially if the bullying is targeting people based on religion or race. Nobody has a right to curse out students in school or bully them. Free speech doesn't include those things, just like it doesn't cover yelling "fire" in a public building.