1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Anti-Calvinism Scriptural Food-Fight (By Popular Request)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Benjamin, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I see how this is going before you hopefully reply. Please forget my comment. I cannot play by rules of using single verses to promote doctrine. And I don't do that either so I'm not your target. See ya

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    STOP! Your comment is off topic.

This is simply a tread for those who wish to offer Anti-Calvinism scriptures to show they exists WITHOUT "carnal philosophical reasoning"!!!

Please take all attempts to begin personal attacks and to use your "carnal philosophical reasoning" to refute the clear teaching of scripture and begin your own tread.

There are rules here (not mine, but as requested) to be followed!

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did use scripture...but seeing as you added to God's word ..that was a foul and had to be called out. The scriptural arguement is intact.

4. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off TOPIC!

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

So God says seek, and persons do that (which is bogus) and when they find Him they get the free gift of eternal life!!!!!! YAY!!!! :rolleyes:

That's a works based salvation. That he (bennie) cannot see that in quoting Deut. is beyond me, he's missed the entire point. Man cannot and is dependent upon grace/mercy Romans 9:16, John 1:13.

Bennies interpretation is semi-pelagianism if not full. Makes salvation a reward, not a gift. Clearly bennie doesn't understand the implications of God's call, and that it is all through Christ, John 14:6. Only.

Thus we see the carnal philosophical reasoning of bennie inserted into passages of Scripture, with more to come.

6. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off Topic!

"NO corrrection is welcomed!" If you are blind to clear meaning of scripture I cannot help you.

The sole purpose of this tread is supply that scripture to you as per you request so you can no longer rely on the argument that none exist...and this tread WILL BE RUN ACCORDING TO YOUR RULES!

NO carnal philosphical reasoning!

7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    STOP! Your comment is off topic.

This is simply a tread for those who wish to offer Anti-Calvinism scriptures to show they exists WITHOUT "carnal philosophical reasoning"!!!

Please take all attempts to begin personal attacks and to use your "carnal philosophical reasoning" to refute the clear teaching of scripture and begin your own tread.

There are rules here (not mine, but as requested) to be followed!

REPEAT:

The sole purpose of this tread is supply that scripture...

8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) (Eph 1:13) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,

2) Demonstrates the means salvation of salvation is after faith and the individual’s ability to respond to the power of the Gospel before being regenerated and sealed.

3) Refutes the Determinist’ doctrines of inability and regeneration before faith.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

STOP

2 questions.

1. Why do you keep saying "tread" instead of thread? Is it a joke? I know I'm not as "intellectual" as you, so maybe I'm just too dumb to get it. Or maybe you just have spelling issues.

2. Are you trying to get yourself banned?

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh Christmas colors....how festive!:D

11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off Topic!
    Personal attacks are against the rules. Please do not troll this "tread" ...if you have any scripture to offer to the cause, do so, if not your off topic personal attacks are NOT welcome.

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:laugh: The only person attacked was me. I called you an intellectual and me dumb. :laugh:

But I'll be nice and not "troll the tread".

13. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) (Psa 145:17) The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.

(Psa 145:18) The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

2) Demonstrates the Lord is available to ALL men who call upon Him and is righteous in judgment pertaining to the truth in that matter.

3) Refutes the Determinist’ doctrines of inability and limited atonement.

More scripture pertaining to the truth of God's judgment being in all ways which demonstrates TRUE responsibility of the creature to respond to His calling of Grace:

1) He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
    (Deu 32:4)

3) Scriptures which refutes the T, I, L, and U points of the Determinist' doctrines.

#33 Benjamin, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  14. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The entire premise of the "free will" doctrine must be philosophical since it is clearly not Biblical!

You have confused yourself! You want folks to post Anti-Calvinism scripture scripture to show it does indeed exists yet then foolishly call it non-existent!!!!!!:confused:

Philosophical arguments, especially about non-existent Scripture, are inherently carnal!

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Acts 17:26-27(spoken to pagans)

proves ALL men were place precisely in the exact and perfect location geographicly and linearly to seek Him and "perhaps" reach out for Him (literally grope around as if in the dark) although He is not far frrom ANY one of us.

Refutes the T, U, L, and I.

How was that Benjamin? :D

16. MorseOp

MorseOp New Member

What a waste of vowels and consonants.

17. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Sounds like someone's corn flakes may need to be thrown away. The only one trolling is you btw....

18. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off Topic!

This thread is to present scripture, which the Calvinist/Determinist commonly declare do not exist, while calling any debate over the interpretation of the scriptures "carnal philosophical reasoning". If you would like to present Anti-Calvinism scriptures please do so...if not, please do not troll this thread with your carnal reasoning and arguments.

19. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very good to see someone can follow simple directions!

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

How does that refute it? Who placed them there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.