1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anti-Christ

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

In reading Dwight Pentecosts' Things to Come' I read that the Anti-Christ was referred to in the scripture as The Anti-Christ only once and that is in I John 2:18,22; 4:3 & II John 2:7 an that as the spitit of the Anti-Christ. You could have fooled me.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, that is true. It's pretty easy to find out with a concordance or something like Biblegateway.

Most people refer to the Beast in Revelation as the "anti-Christ," however. I think that there are anti-christs and then there is the culmination of that in the Anti-Christ, which is just a term of convenience, based on principles of scripture.

3. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I totally agree.

4. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

There is the spirit of anti-christ which already works, then there is THE anti-christ who is a person. My Sunday school teacher just tried to teach that Obama fits into one or both of those catagories. I thought about going to our pastor about it because our pastor teaches and preaches against making any lesson or message about politics being the main topic.

This fellow is of a catholic background and says he was saved many years ago, but his catholic roots surface regularly. Nothing outright heretical, it's just you can detect that air about his teaching. he resembles a catholic priest in the way he "delivers"

5. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

The Beast or Anti Christ will be a Gentile from the Old Roman Empire, not to be confused with the Vatican.

6. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I don't know if the Beast and the Anti-Christ will be the same or not, but Revelation 20:10 mentions Satan, the beast, and the false prophet being cast into the lake of fire. It doesn't mention the anti-Christ by that name.

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think anti-Christ is more a generic term for someone who teaches and acts against Christ, perhaps with Satanic power (though not necessarily knowingly), and the Beast will be the epitome of an anti-Christ. All anti-christs before him foreshadow his coming.

But because he's the epitome, he has a special title, the Beast. Of course, I do not think he will really be called that by men nor call himself that name. That is the Bible's title for him.

8. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

=======================================================
    The reference in John I & II is the spirit of the AC. It is speaking of anyone whoe denies that Christ came in the flesh.The two beast in Revelations are the AC and the False Profit the later deriving his power from the AC who recieves his power from Saten.

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Discard it. I'd recommend More than Conquerors (Hendrikson) and The Apocalypse Code (Hanegraaff).

10. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I have found H Henegraaff to rely more on opinion then on scripture and apologetics.

11. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Where did you get that revelation or word of knowledge?

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I would add The Church and Last Things by Martyn Lloyd-Jones, The Bible and the Future by Anthony Hoekema, Behold He Cometh by Herman Hoeksema, The Book of Revelation by Philip Edgecumbe Hughes, The Lion and The Lamb by John P. Newport , and Revelation, Four Views by Steve Gregg.

13. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter