1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anti-Gun Legislation

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by I Am Blessed 24, Mar 10, 2008.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Dear Sue,

I am writing concerning two pieces of legislation which would infringe on our Second Amendment rights if they become law.

Both bills passed the House of Representatives Executive Committee on Feb. 28, 2008 and are:

House Bill 4357 would outlaw most shotguns, rifles and handguns that are legally available for purchase in Illinois.

House Bill 4393 would limit an individual to one firearm purchase a month.

If these two restrictive measures make it to the Senate for a vote, I will be voting no. During my years in the Illinois General Assembly I have always stood firmly in support of the Second Amendment.

Please let me know if you have a differing thought than mine on these pieces of legislation.

Sincerely,
    Dan Rutherford
    State Senator
    Illinois

2. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

The first step in gaining total control of a population is to take away their ability to defend themselves. It has happened the world over.

love,

Sopranette

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

That's why we need to contact our Senators and ask them to vote no. Mine already is.