1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anti-Muslim? Then You're Not Pro-McCain

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Oct 20, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I have to say in this election I have become more proud of my country than words can say. I can totally relate to what Michelle Obama said and I think her feelings were genuine and should be shared by all American's. First we had a black nominee of a major party, a conservative woman VP then this story.

See this video...

http://usconservatives.about.com/b/2008/10/20/anti-muslim-then-youre-not-pro-mccain.htm

Today I saw Muslim American's stand up and say how tired they were of being criticized and touted as less American than anyone else. The code words and insinuations like "one of us" or "American" or "real American" are being confronted and attacks on peoples beliefs or differences won't be tolerated. I'm glad to hear someone stand up and say, "your definition of American is really anti-American". America is a diverse country with patriotic citizens from all nationalities, religions, race, color, creed, and any other criteria you can put out there and we're not going to stand for people who imply your not American if you ain't like them.

McCain/Palin supporters stood up and said don't come here with that mess. WE are not like YOU and WE don't want YOUR views associated with WHO WE ARE.

I am extremely proud of these fine American's and the change happening in this country this day... :thumbs:

2. monk

monk New Member

Thank you for sharing, that was a great video.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have to admit that was a good video. I do not support McCain or Obama, but on that issue, the McCain campaign was right.