1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Antichrist?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 1689Dave, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many different views exist throughout Christendom about the Antichrist. Many believe he is also the “man of sin” Paul speaks of. How do you view this character? Is he past, present or yet to come? My present belief is that he exists any time a totalitarian government demands obedience over God’s word. We see this throughout history, especially in Nero and the Papacy.

And I believe we saw the Mark most recently in America when the Obama administration began persecuting Christians who would not take part in homosexual weddings. In my understanding, they did not receive the Mark by refusing to comply, and as a result could not buy or sell. While all who backed the laws did.

I understand the Mark of the Beast or number as a symbol. Not so much the number of any single man, but as man’s number. Where people who place man above God wear it and those who place God above man do not.

Any thoughts appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Hush Whisper

Hush Whisper Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My thoughts about what you said.

There is a group of men, who hunt for him.
    They will kill him and 3 days later, that body will contain the devil.
    He currently is a Christian man.
    He is not a public figure.
    He will be crowned the Global king of this World.

Take 3 6's and place them in a circle and you have a virus warning symbol. The mark of the beast is a virus given airborne by chem trails and will fall on your hand or forehead. It will kill a "few" (millions) and "many" will live thru it. The Bible describes this moment as a "thief in the night", meaning 'you'll be unaware of these events around you as they occur.
    When a person becomes "born again", they're DNA changes in Chromosome 7 lamb1. The "virus" tries to change it again after its given and that's why the "few" die <<this is the true rapture of the Church moment, when all those around this Globe die from this "virus" and leaves the "many" left to serve the antichrist for 7 years.Those who lived thru this "virus/666" will be different. They will be cured from all diseases, BUT (now here's where the "great deception" comes into play) it will NOT remove the pains caused by any injuries after you have this "mark". These "pains" are shadow pains from injuries that occurred during the time of the mark and they Never go away. It will be a world afraid to touch anything or anybody for fear of the shadow pains. This is the time period when you'll wish the "mountains to fall on you". People will be to scared to shave, to drive, to touch anyone, no more physical relationships between people, no more sports..nothing. It will be a world full of fat hairy zombies to afraid to move and easily controlled. This global cure/virus happens because of another coming global event- Armageddon.

Armageddon= Bow, Sword, Scale, Fire.
    Bow, Sword, Scale, Fire= Send it, Strike it, Split it, Sear it.
    Send it, Strike it, Split it, Sear it = NASA, Sends rocket. Rocket Strikes rock. Rock Splits in to and Sends Split piece to Earth and it Sears our Planet. <this is the Global event that causes the virus/666 to be given. All those Rockets they've been sending up around the planet are preparing for this coming rock from the west.

~sooner than you know.

3. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Total fantasy - zero Scripture support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hush Whisper

Hush Whisper Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No malice meant, have a good day Sir.

5. Esther Thompson

Site Supporter

Hello Dave,

In the days of the apostle Paul, the Thessalonian brethren were laboring under the erroneous impression that the Lord would return in their day, and Paul wrote to correct this false impression, stating what events must transpire before the advent could take place. He declared: “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.” The man of sin was to arise, and do his work of exaltation and blasphemy, before the brethren could look for the coming of Christ. That great event was to be preceded by a falling away. There would be revealed a form of Antichrist, and the leaven of apostasy was to work with increasing power to the end of time.

You mentioned the Papacy. First of all, let's see what the Catholic Church said about the Office of the Pope, remembering that Paul said the Antichrist would exalt himself above God:

Pope claiming to be God on earth:
    "The pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not a mere man ... he is as it were God on earth..." -Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca, 1763, Volume VI, 'Papa II', pp.25-29

All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope." - On the Authority of the Councils, book 2, ch.17

"The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth... He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by no one, is God himself on earth." New York Catechism.

These words appeared in the Roman Canon Law:

"To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical”.- the Gloss "Extravagantes" of Pope John XXII.

"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in heaven and earth."- Barclay Cap. XXVII, p. 218.

"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, he is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh." Catholic National July 1895.

Okay now secondly, let's look at the number 666 which is the numer of the Antichrist. The Bible says that it is the number of a MAN... howwver, that does not need to mean it is a specific MAN, it can be the Office that a Man holds in a Church.

Interestingly enough, the letters on the Pope’s Tiara are VICARIUS FILII DEI –and these Roman Numerals add up to a total of 666.

The title "Vicarius Filii Dei" appeared in Our Sunday Visitor, a Catholic journal. An article in the April 18, 1915 issue of 'Our Sunday Visitor' had the following question and answer:

"What are the letters on the Pope’s crown and what do they signify if anything? The letters on the Pope's crown are these: Vicarius Filii Dei, which is a Latin for Vicar of the Son of God." -Our Sunday Visitor, April 18, 1915, p.3

The literal meaning

VICARIUS - means substituting for, or in place of

FILII - means son

DEI - means GOD

V = 5

I = 1

C = 100

A = no value

R = no value

I = 1

U/V = 5

S= no value

--------

Total=112

F = no value

I = 1

L = 50

I = 1

I = 1

--------

Total=53

D = 500

E = no value

I = 1

--------

Total=501

Grand Total=666

112 + 53 + 501 = 666

And so what does this mean? The very words VICARIUS FILII DEI mean that the Pope regards himself as being in the place of Christ. That is actually the true meaning of the word ANTI-CHRIST. The word ‘anti’ in biblical terms means “in the place of”. That is what the term ‘Blasphemy’ means, in the Bible, is putting oneself in the place of God. That is why the Religious Leaders accused Jesus Christ Himself of blasphemy, because He said that He could forgive sins. In other words, they thought that only God could forgive sins and so by claiming the power to forgive sins, Jesus was actually declaring Himself to be God!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Hush Whisper

Hush Whisper Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing I said above contradicts scripture. (oh and Esther..Jesus is not God, He is God's Son)

7. Esther Thompson

Site Supporter

Hello again Dave,

Okay now for the Mark of the Beast part of this.... When you really study out all of this in the Books of Daniel and Revelation, you will discover that it is referring to the Papacy when it talks about the Antichrist Power.

Let's look at what Martin Luther of the Protestant Reformation had to say, and his companion Philip Melanchthon regarding the Antichrist Power. But fist, remember how in the book of Daniel, the Prophet Daniel said that the Antichrist Power would 'think to CHANGE Times and Laws'? (Daniel Chapter 7)

MARTIN LUTHER
    "They (the Catholic Church) allege the Sabbath changed into Sunday, the Lord's day, contrary to the Decalogue, as it appear, neither is there any example more boasted of than the changing of the Sabbath day. Great, they say, is the power and authority of the church, since it dispensed with one of the Ten Commandments." Martin Luther, Augsburg Confession of Faith, art. 28.

“I hope that the last day is at the door. Things could not become worse than the Roman see makes it. It suppresses the commandments of God, it exalts its own commandments above God’s. If this is not Antichrist, then some one else must tell what it is.” - “Luther’s Reformatory Works,” p. 280. Copenhagen: 1883.

Martin Luther
    We are convinced that the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist — D. Martin Luthers Werke, ed. Briefwechsel (Weimar, 1930-1948), Vol.2, p.167, cited in What Luther Says, ed. Ewald M. Plass, Vol.1, p.34.

Philipp Melanchthon
    Philip Melanchthon, on the prophecy on Daniel 7:25, declared: "He [the papal Little Horn] changeth the tymes and lawes that any of the sixe worke dayes commanded of God will make them unholy and idle dayes when he lyste, or of their owne holy dayes abolished make worke dayes agen, or when they changed ye Saterday into Sondaye. . . . They have changed God's lawes and turned them into their owne traditions to be kept above God's precepts."—Exposition of Daniel the Prophete (1545), tr. by George Joye, p. 119.

Source: The Augsburg Confession, edited by Philip Melanchthon (1530), Article 28: Of Ecclesiastical Power.

"He [the papal Little Horn] changeth the tymes and lawes that any of the sixe worke dayes commanded of God will make them unholy and idle dayes when he lyste, or of their owne holy dayes abolished make worke dayes agen, or when they changed ye Saterday into Sondaye. . . . They have changed God's lawes and turned them into their owne tradicions to be kept above God's precepts."

Source: The Exposition of Daniel the Prophete, Gathered out of Philipp Melanchthon, Johan Ecolampadius, Chonrade Pellicane, and out of Johan Draconite etc., by George Joye, 1546, Geneve, p. 119.

Okay so now let's take a look at some of the things that the Catholic Church, the Papal Power has had to say about this...

The Bible Says: "He shall speak great words... and think to change times and laws." Daniel 7:25
    Father James A. O'Brien: "That observance [of Sunday instead of Saturday] remains as a reminder of the Mother Church from which the non-Catholic sects broke away."1
    1The Faith of Millions (Huntington, IN: Our Sunday Visitor, Inc., 1974), p. 401.
    "The Bible says, Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day. The Catholic church says, No! By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day, and command you to keep the first day of the week. And lo, the entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the holy Catholic church!" Father Enright, C.S.S.R. of the Redemptoral College, Kansas City, History of the Sabbath, p. 802
    "The challenge issued by Rome over 100 years ago remains:Either the Catholic Church is right or the Seventh-Day Adventists are right. There can be no other choice. And if you choose neither, than the whole doctrine of Sola Scriptura collapses and with it, the pillar upon which all of Protestantism stands." From the Editors of Mary OnLine+; December 2003
    The Catholics say about Sunday Sabbath:
    “You may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctified.” James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of Our Fathers (1917 ed.), pages 72, 73.
    “If Protestants would follow the Bible, they should worship God on the Sabbath Day (Saturday). In keeping the Sunday they are following a law of the Catholic Church.” Albert Smith, chancellor of the Archdiocese of Baltimore, Feb. 10, 1920.
    “The observance of Sunday by the Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the Catholic church.” Monsignor Louis Segur, Plain Talk About the Protestantism of Today (1868).
    "SUNDAY is our MARK of authority. . . . The church is ABOVE the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.”—Catholic Record, September 1, 1923.
    "Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change (Saturday Sabbath to Sunday) was her act... And the act is a MARK of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things." H.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons
    “The Church changed the observance of the Sabbath to Sunday by right of the divine, infallible authority given to her by her Founder, Jesus Christ. The Protestant, claiming the Bible to be the only guide of faith, has no warrant for observing Sunday. In this matter the Seventh Day Adventist is the only consistent Protestant. The Catholic Universe Bulletin, August 14, 1942.
    "Perhaps the boldest thing... the Church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. "The day of the Lord" was chosen, not from any direction noted in the Scriptures, but from the Church's sense of its own power.... People who think that the Scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become Seventh-day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy." (Saint Catherine Church Sentinel, Algonac, Michigan, May 21, 1995.)
    "Christians will naturally strive to ensure that "civil legislation" (religious laws) respects their duty to "keep Sunday holy".-Section 67, "Dies Domini", July 7, 1998 - emphasis added.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hush Whisper

Hush Whisper Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Word "Christian", means "Christ Like" (not "universal") and that means "a person who has the attributes of Jesus"
    ~win them with Love, not hate.

#8 Hush Whisper, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  9. Esther Thompson

Site Supporter

Hello Dave again :)

Okay now, I just wanted to add that when you look at the 1260 Day (or in prophetic time, YEARS Time Prophecy in the Bible that is repeated 7 different times, you will find that it begins and ends exactly when the Papal persecution began and ended.

You will also find that the 4 Beasts spoken about by Daniel from his vision, and the same identical four beasts spoken of in John's vision in Revelation end with the fourth 'terrible' beast that destroys everything in it's path and the 'residue' (or the Remnant) and persecutes the Saints, are that same beast or the 'little horn power', which refers to the Papal Power. That last Beast is ROME. (beasts represent kingdoms). it can not be anything but Rome and the Roman Catholic Church.

Dave, this (below) is going to be quite long but I thoguht you might want to read it ... regarding the 1,260 year Time Prophecy and the Papacy, and also about the four beasts of Daniel and Revelation being the Papacy. I wrote this a week or so ago, I am writing a book about it.... this is one chapter of it...

DANIEL /LIVING IN THE TIME OF THE END, PROPHETICALLY

We are now living in what the Bible calls 'The Time of the End', prophetically. God created the Earth and the People that have been in it all throughout timed we are now in the great culmination or climax of this World's history. We are all here for a purpose. At some point in time, Satan who is the Adversary of God entered into a rebellion against God in Heaven. He once was Lucifer, the Head Angel in Heaven, but then he decided that he wanted to take God's place, and to be 'like the Most High'.

The Creator of all things finally cast Lucifer out of Heaven, along wit a third of the Angels who joined in the rebellion against the Government of God; they were cast down to the Earth. God allowed Satan to demonstrate what his rebellious Government would be like if he were allowed to Rule. And now we are nearing the end of this World, and it is a World in crisis. We are now witnessing the results of sin, in what is taking place all around us with all of the misery and suffering on this Earth.

Daniel the Prophet, whose writings were recorded in the Book of Daniel in the Bible was talking to An Angel, and this Angel gave Daniel visions of what was going to take place in the future. Daniel couldn't really understand what the Angel was talking about because he was seeing future events, and so he asked the Angel to explain. The Angel told the Prophet Daniel that no one could know or understand these visions until a certain time called 'The Time of the End', and that until that time came where God wanted People to understand it, these prophecies would be 'closed up' or sealed.

And now let's read about that:

Daniel 12:8-10

8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Take notice that the Angel told Daniel that only the wise would understand these prophecies written in the Book of Daniel. The wicked could just keep on as before, doing wickedly, and they would not be able to understand the prophecies. I want to be amongst the wise, don't you? And the Angel also said that the wise would purify themselves and be made white.

And so what does this mean? I am going to be explaining all of these things to you in this Book, my Friend.

The Exact Year That The Time Prophecies of Daniel Would Be Opened To Our Understanding

There is a Time Prophecy in the Book of Daniel that tells us how we can determine the exact year that this 'Time of the End' has arrived. This prophecy is known as 'The 1260 Day Time Prophecy'. This very important time prophecy takes us right up to the year 1798. This is the exact year when our World entered into the 'Time of the End'. In other words, we now are living in the End Times! Isn't his exciting?

Remember that Daniel was told to close or to "seal up" his book until 'The Time of the End'. And so, now I am going to tell you exactly how we arrive at this year of 1798, which is the time when Daniel's prophecies would be opened up to our understanding.

Time, Times, and a Half of Time

Okay, we are going to take a closer look at what the Book of Daniel said. Keep in mind that the Book of Daniel is a very small little book in the Old Testament, composed of only 12 Chapters. But how important this little book is!

In Daniel 12:4, which is the very last chapter of the book, the prophet was told to seal parts of the book till 'the time of the end.' And then in verse 6 the Angel asked, 'How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?' Verse 7 says, 'It shall be for a time, times, and a half.' Let's read that now:

Daniel 12:5-10

5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.

6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

And so here we have our prophetic time period that holds the key to calculating the date when the Time of the End begins. But the question then is, What does the period of 'time, times, and a half' amount to?

1. A time is a year and in Hebrew time calculations one year equals 360 days. And 'times' would mean plural or two years, and the dividing of time is a half-year. The Amplified Bible translates it this way as: 'Three and one-half years.'

Let's add this up then, shall we?

1 year = 360 days

2 years = 360 x2 or 720 days

½ year = half of 360 or 180 days

360 + 720 + 180 = total: 1,260 days.

So here we have our 1,260 day time prophecy of Daniel that will tell us when the 'Time of the End' will begin.

This same exact time period is mentioned a total of seven different times in the Bible, in the books of Daniel and Revelation. The number 1260 is not just a rough figure because it is mentioned seven times in the Bible in various different ways:

Daniel 7:25 | 'a time, times and half a time'

Daniel 12:7 | 'a time, times and half a time'

Revelation 11:2 | '42 months'

Revelation 11:3 | '1260 days'

Revelation 12:6 | '1260 days'

Revelation 12:14 | 'a time, times and half a time'

Revelation 13:5 | 'forty-two months'

This right here should make us to realize that the two books are companion books. Daniel is the key to unlocking the book of Revelation!

Based on the 30-day calendar used by the Jews, these time periods are all the same amount of time.

3 1/2 years = 42 months = 1,260 days.

One prophetic day in Bible prophecy equals one literal year:

In this prophecy the Prophet Ezekiel was told that each day equaled one year in prophetic time:

Ezekiel 4:6

6 And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.

And this same idea of a day for a year is found in the Book of Numbers:

Numbers 14:34

34 After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.

The Little Horn Antichrist Power of Daniel

And so now we know how long this time period lasts -1260 years, and what we need to find out then is, when does it begin?

We also need to find out what this time period is referring to, and what happened during these 1260 years?

10. Esther Thompson

Site Supporter

Dave, this is PART 2 of that same chapter that I wrote, It would not all fit on one message.

And so, what is this time prophecy of the 1260 years referring to? The Book of Daniel says that the 'little horn' (Antichrist) was to have power over the saints for 1,260 prophetic days or 1,260 literal years.

Let's read that now:

Daniel Chapter 7:1-8

1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.

2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.

3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

Without getting too deep into the meaning of this vision that Daniel had right now, let me just say that Daniel saw four beasts: a lion, a bear, a leopard, and a fourth terrible nondescript beast. And this last fourth beast was a power that 'devoured', 'broke into pieces', 'stamped with its feet'. In other words this Antichrist 'Little Horn' Power was a persecuting Power!

The prophetic symbol of a 'beast' refers to a Kingdom. How do we know this? We know because the prophecy tells us so:

Daniel 7:23

23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

The Lion is Babylon
    The Bear is Media-Persia
    The Leopard is Greece

The Fourth Persecuting Beast is Rome

This is the order in which the four great World Kingdoms came into being. And so you see, this time prophecy is actually telling us World History!

An now, as further proof of who this 'Little Horn' Power is, we are also told more specifics, in that out of this same Kingdom, which I have already told you is the Kingdom of Rome, 10 Kingdoms would arise. In other words, it would be divided into Ten Kingdoms. Let's read that now:

Daniel 7:24

25 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

And so, according to Bible Prophecy, Rome would 'exterminate' 3 of these 10 Kingdoms, which it did:

The Ten Divisions of Rome

1. Alemanni - Germany.

2. Franks - France.

3. Burgundians - Switzerland.

4. Suevi - Portugal.

5. Vandals - Exterminated.

6. Visigoths - Spain.

7. Anglo-Saxons - England.

8. Ostrogoths - Exterminated.

9. Lombards - Italy.

10. Heruli - Exterminated.

The Western Roman Empire divided into ten separate kingdoms, Alemanni, Franks, Burgundians, Suevi, Vandals, Visigoths, Anglo-Saxons, Ostrogoths, Lombards, and the Heruli; this is the order that they came into prominence in the western empire.

History is also gives unmistakable proof as to who uprooted the three kingdoms that were exterminated. It can be attributed to one power only and this power is the little horn of Daniel 7, the Papal Church of Rome.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Esther Thompson

Site Supporter

Dave, PART 3 of that same chapter that I wrote,

This is the same power that is synonymous with the beast from the sea in Revelation Chapter 13, the power that enforces the Mark of the Beast, the Papal Church of Rome. Let's read that and take notice that John the Prophet sees these same 4 Beasts in a vision! But he seems them in reverse order, and that is because he is viewing history from the past, while the Prophet Daniel viewed history by looking at the future.

Revelation 13:1-5
    1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Did you notice that when John saw this same 'Little Horn' persecuting Power, that it had its power for 'forty and two months'? That is the 1260 Day or Year Prophecy I told you about! The exact same Time Prophecy in the Book of Daniel that we had read about. As I told you before, the Book of Daniel is the key that 'unlocks' the Book of Revelation.

So we need to take a look back in history now to determine when this Time prophecy of the 1,260 Years began, right? Are you following me?

But first, let's look at the next few verses in Revelation Chapter 13 to see what would happen to this Little Horn Beast Power:

Revelation 13:6-10

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Revelation 13:
    3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Notice how this Little Horn Power is persecuting 'The Saints'? Daniel had told us in his Prophecy that this power would be a persecuting Power, and that it would 'stamp the residue with its feet', and 'break it into pieces', and 'devour' it, remember all of that? Well in Revelation it is giving us further detail, telling us that it is God's People, or 'The Saints' that the Papal Power of Rome was persecuting for 1,260 years. And we just read in Revelation Chapter 13 that this same power would receive a 'deadly wound' and would be 'taken into captivity'. But then this deadly Power would come back to life, and 'All the World would wonder after the Beast'.

So let's take a closer look at history then....

The Papacy's Rule began in the year A.D. 538, when the last of the three opposing Arian kingdoms was uprooted, which was the Vandals, the Ostrogoths, and the Heruli. Its rule continued on until the year 1798.

In the year 1798 Napoleon’s General Berthier took the pope captive in hopes that he could destroy both Pope Pius VI and the political, secular power of the Papacy.

My Friends, this period of time from A.D. 538 to 1798 is an exact fulfillment of the 1,260-year prophecy. And that deadly blow was what Revelation Chapter 13 called the 'deadly wound' for the Papacy, that 'Little Horn Power'. But then that seemingly began wound began to heal and continues healing today in our time. "And the whole World will wonder after the Beast'. In other words, the Papacy will continue in popularity.

This same period of persecution by the Papacy is also mentioned in Matthew Chapter 24, verse 21 as being the worst period of persecution God’s people will ever experience. Verse 22 of that same chapter tells us it was this Papal persecution was so devastatingly destructive that no one would have survived if God had not shortened it. But God did shorten it. The persecution of God's 'Saints' ended long before the pope was taken captive in 1798 by General Berthier.

And by the way, the Protestant Reformers during the Protestant Reformation all believed and taught that the Catholic Papacy was the Antichrist Power that was seen in vision by the Prophet Daniel.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you Esther for sharing this tremendous asset. I hope it's OK to add it to my notes.

It reminds me of something Augustine said concerning 2 Thessalonians 2:4. Instead of the man of sin sitting in the temple of God, he would sit as the temple of God. Which of course is what the Papacy claims for itself.

"Antichrist means not the prince himself alone, but his whole body, that is, the mass of men who adhere to him, along with him their prince; and they also think that we should render the Greek more exactly were we to read, not “in the temple of God,” but “for” or “as the temple of God,” as if he himself were the temple of God, the Church.1405"

NPNF1-02. St. Augustine's City of God and Christian Doctrine - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Depending on which dictionary you use, it is possible to translate it this way.

13. Esther Thompson

Site Supporter

The Bible is very clear, Jesus is divine.

In Isaiah Chapter 45 verse 18 it says 'Thus saith the Lordthat createth the heavens' 'I am the Lod, and there is none else', meaning that there is no one other than God who can CREATE.

Now in Hebrews chapter 1 and reading from verse 8, this is God the Father speaking...

"And unto the Son He saith, thy throne, O God is forever and ever, a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of Thy kingdom."

The Father Himself calls the Son 'GOD'.

And in verse 10 the Father says, 'And Thou Lord in the beginning has laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the works of THY HANDS.'

The Bible is very clear -only God can create. And God the Father identifies Jesus as the Creator.

In Mark 2:5 Jesus forgave the sins of a man. Those sitting by said, Why does this man thus speak blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God?'

John 11:25 "I am the resurrection and the life". -Jesus. Only God can do that.

John 5:40 "And ye will not come to Me that ye may have life". -Jesus

Jesus is divine as much as the Father is divine, by God the Father's own declaration.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hush Whisper

Hush Whisper Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For God, so loved the World, that He sent His Son.
    Then Angels said His Name was Jesus, when He was born.
    Jesus said, if you've seen me, you've seen the Father. Simply meaning, they look alike. Like any Father and Son do.
    Jesus said also, that He was the Way, Truth and the Life and that NO man would come to the Father but thru Him.

Jesus don't lie.

15. Esther Thompson

Site Supporter

Dave,

That's really intersting! I am going to have to think about this for while. Thank you!

16. Hush Whisper

Hush Whisper Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't need 50 scriptures explaining 1 scripture.
    That's why there's the milk and meat reference.
    Milk is milk and meat is meat.

17. Esther Thompson

Site Supporter

Oh, okay.

18. Hush Whisper

Hush Whisper Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In reference to "milk and meat", don't you think one of the first "simplest" items God would want Us to know is, who He and His Son are? Your never given the "meat" before the "milk", nor can you put "both" in your mouth at the "same time". And to be condescending doesn't prove your point to be of Truth (that (condescending) is of a lie, not "truth").

19. Bill Martinson

Bill Martinson New Member
    Site Supporter

This is an oft-repeated claim that, as best I can tell, is not supported by fact. While it is undeniably very interesting that filtering VICARIVS FILII DEI down to the letters that have Roman Numeral significance does indeed produce the total 666, to my knowledge nobody has ever produced any credible evidence that this title was ever inscribed on any of the papal tiaras. (You can easily find images depicting this via a google search, but they are fakes; you can clearly tell that digital text has been clumsily superimposed. Very dishonest.) And furthermore, scripture refers to 666 as indicating the name of a man, not a title.

However, this does not get Rome off the hook.

There is enough evidence for me personally to accept that the "church" of Rome in fact very likely will turn out to be the whore of Babylon, but the papal-tiara legend in itself is not good evidence. Much better clues are to be found elsewhere, such as in the fact that Rome sits on seven hills, RCC leadership is routinely arrayed in purple and scarlet, and the convincing argument that the "Peter" who served as the first pope was not Simon Peter but actually Simon Magus a.k.a. Simon the Sorcerer.

And of course the rank heresy of Marianism all by itself completely disqualifies that entire religious organization from any hope of claiming to present a biblical Christianity. How any bible-reading human who truly wishes to honor Christ could accept the Roman Catholic religion's repugnant claim that Jesus' earthly, human mother is the co-mediatrix and co-redemptrix, and that all grace afforded to man is dispensed solely through Mary, is beyond comprehension.

Exchanging the truth of God for a lie indeed....

• Like Like x 2
  20. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all I believe that John was addressing the early church and the Christians going through the persecution at that time... He was their companion and fellow suffer in that persecution... Is that pointing to particular Anti- Christ or all Anti-Christ down through history?... Any power against Christ and his people is Anti-Christ, no matter what generation you are born in... To say it is one man is to corrupt the message that John sent and scriptures states as much... He said the Anti-Christ was in the world in his day and he was right and it is still the Anti- Christ in ours... He doesn't need to come... He has always been here!... Brother Glen:)

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

How is the Anti-Christ identified?... John tells us

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

#20 tyndale1946, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.