1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anxiety clouds my mind, what to do?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Hannahande, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Hannahande

Hannahande Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi,

Apology to go off topic for a bit. I just wanted to release how I feel...

I am starting this thread to ask if stress, anxiety or being depressed the same based on your actual experiences? Is emotional breakdown caused by which? How did you handle it?

I have been having a real tough situation way before this Covid19 pandemic happened - I resigned from work and started online freelancing. I am a single mom of a 12-year old boy. I am feeling so down, problematic, worried from all sorts - family, financial, work, household chores - almost everything. Sometimes I find myself daydreaming and overthinking because I am overwhelmed with so many things.

What to do ;(

• Prayers Prayers x 4
  2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This may sound canned, but it's true nonetheless.

Pray. James 5:13

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pray, read the Psalms and other Scriptures.:)

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." ( 1 Peter 5:7 ).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. PeacefulLove

PeacefulLove New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know this may sound ridiculous at best and stupid at worst, but from experience I can tell you to let it all go. Seriously, you think you can control something you can't. Let it go and give it to the Lord. Pray and let go. Remember, the Lord knows your needs long before you do. Household chores...sometimes we use those in an attempt to control something when everything else feels so out of control. You have an almost 12 year old boy...put him to work! When I was raising my kids, they knew that chores were the price they paid for living in our home.
    It is said the easiest way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. Stop trying to control things, it will make the anxiety worse. Do what seems important and let other things go. Stay in constant communication with the Lord.

• Like Like x 1
  5. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would recommend looking into therapy, if you can find one you can afford. Shop around, don't go with the first therapist you see. You absolutely do NOT need a diagnosis or even a disorder in order to benefit from therapy.

Also look into breathing techniques (anything that slows your breathing when physical anxiety symptoms start), mindfulness, progressive muscle relaxation, and grounding techniques. These all help with stress and anxiety.

Praying is all well and good and I'm not saying don't pray--but that on it's own doesn't solve everything when it comes to mental health issues.