1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any Braves fans?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Kimberly, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Kimberly

Kimberly New Member

I am missing baseball terribly! :( I simply cannot wait until April 5.

I just read that John Smoltz will be starting in the opening game. I'm estatic that he will be starting again, although he definitely was a great closer.

Any other Braves fans here?

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Braves??? Oh yes, they are the team that gets in the playoffs every year, but then chokes [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am ready for baseball as well.

3. Kimberly

Kimberly New Member

By your comment, I assume you're NOT a Braves fan? [​IMG]

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I am a huge Braves fan ... all the way back to the sad days of the 80s. I used to listen every night on the radio ... even carried it into the bathroom so I could listen while taking a bath.

5. Kimberly

Kimberly New Member

Ah yes, Dale Murphy, Bob Horner, Bruce Benedict ... those were the days. I remember my entire family eating dinner on t.v. trays during the games. We never missed one!

[​IMG]

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Actually I dont mind the Braves, and have pulled for them many times in the Playoffs. I just enjoy playing around a little [​IMG]

I am a life long Cubs fan, so I use the fun to hide the years of pain [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Brett Butler, Washington, Chris Chambliss, Glenn Hubbard, Ramirez ... Pascual Perez (Mr I275 wasn't it for getting lost on the way to the stadium). Remember when Horner kept breaking his arm and couldn't play forever. Boy, were those bad teams or what ...

8. Kimberly

Kimberly New Member

Brett Butler, Washington, Chris Chambliss, Glenn Hubbard, Ramirez ... Pascual Perez (Mr I275 wasn't it for getting lost on the way to the stadium). Remember when Horner kept breaking his arm and couldn't play forever. Boy, were those bad teams or what ... </font>[/QUOTE]Maybe, but that's why we loved 'em. Christians always seem to pull for the underdog. [​IMG]

9. Kimberly

Kimberly New Member

The Cubs are my second favorite team. I love Kerry Wood! I really wanted them to go all the way last year (after the Braves were out of it). Well, at least one curse was broken!

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Cubs and then Braves here but don't tell our neighbors! Living right outside Atlanta, we're supposed to be Braves fans first and foremost.

11. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

At least since the Braves are your second favorite team you have had someone to pull for in the post season ...

12. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Frankly I root for both the Braves and the Yankees to play in every World Series for the next 100 years. Or until the "Idiots That Run Bassball" (a quote from a Pittsburgh sports writer) instill a salary cap at least similar to the NBA, if not the NFL.

13. Rookiepastor

Rookiepastor New Member

We love baseball in our family.

Having lived in San Diego for many years... I remember the times that Dale Murphy would love to come to our stadium I think he hit more homers there than any other stadium except old Fulton County.

However, the past couple of years we have become expos fans and now Nationals fans... we have a family member at the major league level and his brother should be playing at "AA" this year and has a good chance of moving up even further.

Both of them are saved and have a powerful witness in the club house.

I do hear that the Braves have a good Christian presence as well. The catcher Barett (sp) is one of the leaders.

These family members are a cousins sons... not my sons, but I am almost as thrilled as their father LOL... watching them live out their dreams of playing ball for a living.

God Bless

14. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOVE the Braves and always try to catch them when I'm in Atlanta or if they are down here playing my adopted Marlins (motto: two world series championships in the past eight years).

I grew up watching Murphy and Horner in the 70's. Better yet, in the 60's I saw Felip Alou, Joe Torre, Hank Aaron, Eddie Mathews, Rico Carty, Phil Niekro, etc. One of my friends was a ball boy back then and I was able to get a ball signed by entire team. Look for it on e-bay. NOT.