1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any comment for Hyles-Anderson College?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by dpogs, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Dr. Bob, let's look at PCC and HAC -- If you were KJVO, which one of them would you recommend?

2. oldmom

oldmom New Member

There is nothing wrong with HAC as you all call it.

3. oldmom

oldmom New Member

I plan on going to Hyles Anderson College. The only thing I find wrong are there rules are to strict in some areas.

4. oldmom

oldmom New Member

Another thing about Hyles Anderson College is that it is for people who plan on going into the ministry in some field. I have attended the last three youth conference and last years pastor school and am going this year I am serious in the ministry. Some people I know dont like the the way First Baptist Church is growing and the way some of the people act but I can not speak for them for I do not know the people at all. But the church is just growing and they have a good ministry leading people to the Lord and putting them in the right way while helping them through there ministry.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    NEITHER - I would have slashed my wrist and killed myself if I were KJVonly.

Serious, I would go to PCC over HAC for a number of reasons. Basic is that PCC, while I disagree with much about it, is a college.

6. DeafTractMan

DeafTractMan New Member

Askjo,
    when you ask him about 1 Cor. 7:1 Paul did recieved the letter from the Corithians which they asked him about the subject then he explain to them see at 1 Cor. 7:2

Also, we can not judge about those Christian Colleges. However that Lord Jesus Christ will judge to all of the Churches plus Colleges. Second things if the colleges set up the rules. We must respected them because we are in not their area.

If anyone go the college, first to ask Lord to make follow his will for any desired christians who wants to go college for his called. Must be careful before go any college and ask Lord to give wise to you.

7. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

DeafTractMan,

Yes, you are right. We better leave Bible colleges alone like as we 'respect' them. Askjo and I both cannot change colleges. Let God take care of them.

Of course, you notice us seem criticize on Hyles-Anderson College.

DeafTractman,

Do you know deaf couple who were divorced, both from First Baptist Church of Hammond, IN? I am sure, you KNOW who are they. A man who came to your church for deaf revival as deaf evangelist. I know them well. I met them when we were at NTID back in 1989.

He told me, his boss(Hyles) demanded him to ask him for his final authorize what name of the church, he will go and preaching for deaf revival. Hyles required him go to preaching deaf revival at churches with KJV only. I disagree.

Not many deaf ministries of baptist churches which use KJV or 'KJV Onlysim'.

For example, there is also other deaf ministry in nothwest metro area of Chicago - Bethel Baptist Church. That church is not KJV Onlyism. That church allows some members use different versions, even mostly use KJV. Understand, that church is a VERY STRONG Indpendent Fundmental Baptist Church. It believs in soul winning same as FBC of Hammond.

All churches and colleges have different standards and doctrines. WE can't tear them down, or criticize them. Let them alone. Let God takes care of them.

Last thing, I do agree with you 100%. First pray to God, for His guide where right college, He wants person to attend college. We cannot give any advice to them. For example - I would have saying to a person, 'Crown College' is BETTER than Hyles-Anderson. I can't do that. I only suggest to a person, ask God for His advice and guide, where right college, He wants. Better follow God's Will, He knows better than us.

I just only tell a one advice to person, not attend Hyles-Anderson College, that's all. Also, we have to be careful, because I realize Hyles is an idolism, many Christians worship Hyles than God. I am no kidding, I am serious. Askjo knows. Askjo's from Indiana.

We should not focus or attracting on Hyles too much because of his successful or stories about his church or college. Also, Christians should not think of America's popular or famous baptist preacher- "Dr. Jack Hyles".

Lord Jesus Christ is more beyond fanastic (greater) than Hyles. Hyles' only a human and sinner like us. Let's focus and worship the only one person is Jesus Christ. He knows everything, and he knows the best to guide us in our life in His will.

I give only advice to any person who is thinking of which college to attend, go visit ANY colleges, seek God's will, seek the door which open, and to follow God's way. God knows better than my advice. We follow follow God's way than our advice. Our advice might be wrong. God's guide never make mistake. Better to follow God's way.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

8. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Go to Christian Colleges and meet a Christian then get married? Most students do that? Yes, of course! However what is the truth? One preacher told me to go to the Bible college and find a Christian girl. The Holy Spirit forbid me to go there. Then I can't go there. God gave me a WONDERFUL woman whom I got married OUT of Christian College. I know a famous deaf man graduated from TTU and started a deaf missionary out of the USA. I learned that he got divorced. He had to resign his missionary and moved in USA. How sad?

On other hand, a deaf preacher told me that God's will be done for him to go to Christian college and graduated from there. He destroyed his family because this Christian college taught him how to set up strict rules for his family. His wife filed for divorced in a few years ago.

Interestingly, my good friend and I brought a deaf man to deaf revival at Hyles church. A deaf preacher witnessed him about the plan of salvation. This deaf man got saved at HAC. This deaf man joined with us and we asked him if he understands how to get saved. He answered no. HAC has WRONG soul-winning method.

9. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Must we respect them? Let me ask you, DeafTractMan:

How would we earn their respect if they train students about wrong soul-winning method?

How would they earn our respect if we disapprove their wrong trainings: soul-winning trainings, pastoral training, over-strict rules, etc,.?

Can't we judge one another? Read Matthew 7. The Bible teaches us how to judge honestly a person's acts by biblical standards, but we can't judge his heart.

Can't we judge any Christian colleges if they train WRONGLY?

On other word, many people go to Bible colleges for themselves rather than God's calling because they focus on themselves rather than serving God. For example, my good friend introduced me to a male student at Bible college. This male student shared with me his incredible story. He went to a Bible college for study a missionary major. He decided to date a few Christian girls at Bible college. He told me that he acts like a con for a test if he can find a right girl. He explained about these girls whom he dated and found unbelievable results. He asked one girl concerning marriage. She said yes and wanted to marry him. He asked her about Germany. She said not interested. He told her that he can't marry her. He had to look for another girl. Then he found a girl. He asked her SAME questions REPEATEDLY. She rejected him. So are a few girls who rejected him. You know why? That is very simple because they went to Bible college for THEMSELVES rather than God's calling.

My church invited a missionary to Central America. He shared his testimony during preaching. It is very incredible testimony to tell his story. His father is a missionary to Central America. He grows up with his father there. His dad trained him a missionary work. He looked for a right girl. He can't find a right woman in Central America. He decided to go to USA and looked for a right woman somewhere -- churches and Bible colleges, but he can't find a right woman in the USA. He can speak English and Spanish. God sent him to Spain to start a missionary. He finally found a missionary girl who is single for many years. They got married.

If one person wants to go to Bible college, it is not God's will. You know why? A word, "want" is not God's calling because "want" is to focus on himself.

If God calls you, what would you do? You must SURRENDER yourself for serving Him. That is what God's will be done for you.

If God calls you to go to Bible college, what Bible college do you WANT to go? HAC or PCC or TTU or LU? No, it is NOT God calling because "want" is unnecessary. Did they follow Biblical principles? Absolutely NOT! Where are Bible colleges that truly follow Biblical principles? The "Consistently Christian method" is the BEST key. This key is what I look for.

[ January 29, 2005, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Askjo ]

10. Askjo

Askjo New Member

That is not Biblical principles.
    Investigate them if they FOLLOW Biblical principles or not. Do not look for Bible college you LIKE rather than consistently Christian method. Do you know what consistently Christian method is?
    Agree! Your good advice -- nothing wrong!
    I 100% agree with you, Deafposttrib. [​IMG]
    Hyles worship is called, "Hylesolatry." Hyles' training is called, "Hylesology."
    Amen! [​IMG] [​IMG] :D
    Use the consistently Christian method. Do you know what it means?

11. dpogs

dpogs New Member

Thanks for all the suggestion and insight and lesson you gave. i realy appreciated all those things you have said. everyone of you just did a great job for giving me idea on which college to attend to.

i'll just have a question. only one.

i searched the net for Jack Hyles records. I got more criticism about jack hyles from different person. but i rarely find jack hyles criticise other person. maybe my search was not enough. why does jack hyles rarely critizes other person. only to defend himself?

12. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

dpogs,

I strong suggest you, better visit Bible colleges which one God guides you. I suggest you to find college directory at www.swordofthelord.com If you do not have Sword of the Lord maginaze with you. Then, ask your friends at church, if someone have Sword of the Lord maginaze(newspaper), then borrow it to you. And look for college directory in Sword of the Lord maginaze. It have many Independent Fundamental Baptist bible colleges directory. You can contract with colleges, and go visit them, to seek find which one right for you as God shall guide you. Also, first ask God for His guide and also His will for you, where God wants you go. Better follow God, what He wants you to go. Better obey God.

In Christ

13. Charles E Smith

Charles E Smith New Member

I dropped out of HAC but do not have a negative view towards it. Were there things I didn't like there? yes but most of the people there are sincere and are trying to serve God. As for soulwinning I always made sure I made sure the kids understood before praying the salvation prayer, There was this one 5 year old I was trying to lead to The Lord and after explaining everything to him I asked him "If you were to die today where would you go"? and he said "I'd go to the hospital" I thought that meant he was too young to understand so I didnt write him up as a convert. HAC/FBC goes to places that most churches wouldn't touch such as East Chicago where I ministered. Is HAC perfect? No but it isn't the spawn of Satan either.

14. RTG

RTG New Member

askjo,what is the correct method for leading one to the Lord.Did the man you spoke of in your earlyer post get saved?when you gave him the gospel had a seed aready been planted?How did the preacher at Hac Present the gospel to this man.I was just courious,do you feel the Holy Ghost was absent?

15. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Aviod:

1. easy believism

2. 1-2-3 salvation (I forget what Dr. Bob called).

3. quick prayierism

The best thing to win souls is how Paul in the Book of Acts used his soul-winning method: Read Acts 20:20-21.

No, he still does not understand about the salvation because he needs to learn more about Jesus Christ until he understands very obviously. Yes, we tried our best to witness him, but he needs more time to understand what it means to believe in Jesus Christ.
    I have no idea about this preacher's method - I think he uses "1-2-3 steps salvation" and quick prayerism. Yes, I felt empty. When I stood so far and read what this preacher signed to a lost soul, I felt sad and gulp.

I recommend you to read the article about the soul-winning method:

Click here: Soul-winning method

I hope it is helpful for you.

16. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sounds like "heavenly deception" similar to what the Moonies taught rather than counting the cost that Jesus advocated.

17. RTG

RTG New Member

askjo. thanks for your reply.To make alot of the judgements that are being made in this thread,we would need to know the heart of the messenger and the reciever and know the workings of the Holy Spirit.Who was not trusting?who was resisting?Who was yeilded?Do we really know?

18. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

When I was a student at Midwestern Baptist College. I remember a student told me, he grew up in Gary, Indiana. When he was 9 years old, he was brought to First Baptist Church of Hammond, IN. He was witnessed and baptized. But, he told me, he does not understand the salvation, because a man witnessed to him TOO FAST. Then, many years later, when he was in Navy in Philippines Islands. He finally got understand salvation, and received Jesus Christ. Because he listened the gospel, it tooks more time to understand the salvation.

I do not buy First Baptist Church of Hammond's story about its' boast and claim there were over 15,000 souls saved during a single Sunday morning service in year around 1996 or 1997. That was Jack Hyles' pride. I dislike Hyles' attitude.

Once I heard that Dr. Hyles claims, he won over 300,000 souls in his personal soul winning throughout his lifetime. I do not buy his claim. That was his pride. Do ever he disciplines them to growing in the Lord after their salvation? I doubt.

Numbers of souls saved nothing to me.

Ever in the 13 epistles of Apostle Paul, telling how many souls he won during in his ministry? Silence. Why? He was humble with the right attitude.

What about Jesus Christ during in his ministry? How many souls Christ won? Silence. Why? Christ was humble with the right attitude.

I rather surprise in the heaven at the judegment seat of Christ to reveal the result what I am done throughout in my life as I witness gospel to people. God is still recording our works in the heaven, and it shall be revealed to iur works at the judgment seat of Christ.

We can do is to serve the Lord, our job is to warning them, and to exhort one other as what Christ commands us to do.

In Christ

19. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Oooops!Excuse me, I did saying that he won 300,000 souls to Christ in his personal soul winning.

I just find out at other site mentioned on Jack Hyles. Hyles claims he won 750,000 souls to Christ in his personal soul winning throughout his lifetime.

I do not buy his claim. That was his pride.

Do you want to know where an article on other site, which I found out? I cannot. You have to find out where article that Hyles claims by yourself.

In Christ

In Christ

20. dpogs

dpogs New Member

what makes JH so controversial in this site. i just noticed it that so many Baptist believer hate JH. i can't understand it. what JH did that makes him bad?