1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any comment on Heartland?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Bound4Glory, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Bound4Glory

Bound4Glory New Member

I plan on going to Heartland Baptist Bible College in Oklahoma City..can any one give me any info.?

2. Gayla

Gayla New Member

I would recommend it.
    What kind of info specifically?

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why?

Serious question.

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heartland is hardly a serious academic institution, used to be Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College in San Dimas, CA before they sold the property and moved it to Oklahoma. Sam Davidson, still the guy calling the shots? I read your profile so it sounds like you will fit in just fine. If that is the pool you need to swim in the jump right in! Would send my dog there for barking classes...anywho!

5. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Sam Davison is the Pastor of Southwest Baptist Church and President of Heartland.

6. williemakeit

williemakeit New Member

Went to college for the academics. Major was Computer Science. Received an accredited degree. I make a six figure income. My wife is the Chief Financial Officer and a co-owner in a start-up company that is starting to take off. We live very comfortably.

If I went back to when I was 17, knowing what I know now, I would have gone off to Bible College. My wife feels the same way. She felt called to the mission field at 17. My eldest daughter is currently attending Bible College, and I do not know much about any of them except the one she attends. Go where God is leading, and be not discouraged by anyone. God bless your endeavor to please Him.

7. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

I only know what friends who have hired Heartland graduates have experienced. Out half a dozen friends here in Texas who pastor and have hired a Heartland grad, only one is still on staff at the church and that is because he was instrumental in running off the pastor. The others also had pastoral authority problems but the pastor was able to survive the intial attack from those grads. They do not teach pastoral authority, they teach, as well as practice that you are to do what ever it takes to get in control of the church and kick the pastor to the curb.

Can't say anything good for heartland because it is run by a man to accomplish a man's personal agenda. If you want to be a jack booted thug that can preach, then have fun at Heartland. If you want a real ministry, look elsewhere. Maybe Arlington Baptist College, Baptist Bible College, Pensicola Baptist College or others just to name a few.