1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Any FORMER Masons here? Current ones?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gina B, May 15, 2013.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

The way I differentiate the two is; Upon Christ entering your heart and life the Fundamentalist states you will be willing to make Him Lord in your life. (Lord and Savior) The Legalist says You must make him Lord in your life.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Frogman, a moderator here is a mason-

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Umm...no. Fundamentalists do NOT hold that all religions are equal.

And none of the Fundamentalists I know hold that our purity of life/conduct is what gets us to heaven. Legalists, on the other hand ... well, I have to agree with ya there.

So -- bogus statement. Let's get back to the discussion about Masons.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hope not, that would be as bad as belonging to the Mormons!

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you could ask him, but he has not been to BB in over a year

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    funamentalists hold to the gospel, masons do not!

Now some of them might be getting "legalistic' in being critical on how others behave, but NOT like masons!

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Probably since the last freemason thread. You can go to his profile and see the threads he was participating in.

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Anyone up for answering what I asked? :flower:

I'll even throw in a bonus question. Why the funky red hats? Is that forced on newbies or are they worn of free will, because that could sway my opinion on the whole deal. :tongue3:

And if there are any Masons on here, please ask them to NEVER dress as clowns and drive clown cars down the road during a parade again. Clowns are scary, especially when they're swerving around in tiny cars and coming towards you all of a sudden during a happy little armed forces parade where you did NOT expect them, giant clown horns blaring. I almost hit one in the eye with a bouncy ball. Though the one on a motorcycle did crack everyone up when he circles around the traffic officer. Officer did NOT look amused after that Mason left, poor guy appeared sweating and pale, so the clowns are forgiven THIS TIME because that was pretty funny.

9. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I don't really see what direction you are coming from neither do I understand your agenda but perhaps I can give you something other then the dark side of Free Masonry that may perhaps enlighten you as to some of the positive aspects of this organization.

The fellows with the funny litttle red flower pot on their head operate ;
    18 Orthopedic hospitals
    3 Burn Hospitals
    1 That provides orthopedic, burn and spinay cord injury
    As of this date Shriners have helped or been responsible for curing six hundred thousand (600,000) children at no cost to the parents.

The next time you are watching a Shriners Parade look around you and see if you can see a child, it may be one of the six hundred thousand.
    By the way, the funny little hads are not near as ridiculous as the Gator Chomp or the Wooo-Pig-Souie.

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you Berean!

This is what I'm trying to figure out. What they do. Why. If they do it with expectations of getting something in return, or if they do something in the community, ie like I mentioned with maybe getting themselves involved in something and saying "hey, this person did good and our organization recognizes that," do they just do it with nothing expected in return?

Like I said, they seem to be EVERYWHERE out here and running so much stuff, but it just doesn't seem in your face, but turn around and there it is.

Is that their POINT? To go around doing good things quietly without their name easily attached and recognized, to be able to operate whole hospitals and do that much good and have people not even know it's them, or am I just really that dorky and unaware of my surroundings and others know that they do all this stuff? Is this something that maybe is more intense in this area (ie the midwest) than other parts of the country, or are there equal numbers everywhere?

Okay, the hats are flower pots. ROFL That makes more sense. I'll just go with it and not ask WHY wear a flower pot on your head because I'm not known for my fashion sense either.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They would be doing good deeds/acts, but so do mormons and JW!

Masonry irtself is an Occultic quasi religious group, NOT of god, no true christian need apply!

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Wait a minute. You said Shriners. So Shriners are Masons? So doing volunteer/charity work with Shriners organizations, like a Children's cancer center, that's working with Masons. Now I get it. THAT is what prompted the thread and I won't get into it, I was just curious about who they are and what they do.

I didn't know they were connected and was wondering how a certain connection may have been made and that answered it.

Okay, interesting stuff.

Still would be interested in having the other stuff answered, ie if they're everywhere, if they TRY to keep what they do relatively quiet, if they require any religious affiliation or care if anyone has one or if they have their own that is separate or parallel or what.
    Is there a girl version, or they just let females do volunteer work?

13. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Don't know about Masonry, but do know about Mormons and will not defend Mormons, but will make a point of saying it's a stinking crying shame when good works done and family values make those who know the TRUTH look like unbelievers. How weird is that? Why do they seem to have all this charity and family stuff down right and accomplishing all these amazing things, while so many in our Baptist churches sit down and argue over whether they're going to help one of their own cover an electric bill and pour over that family's personal life to make sure they haven't missed something that might make them regret having given up that $45 dollars to help out? Seems awfully odd, doesn't it? Something just isn't right about that.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF you get behind the ads Mormons place, and their TV messages though...

They have disfunctional families, probably even more so than we have!

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Kinda did that when I was one.

16. Allan

Allan Active Member

Gina, not sure what you are looking for. I have, literally, a file and inch and half thick on Freemasonry.

If you are wanting to know what it believes that stands in oppositions to scripture, there are tons out there and easily available and able to be given. From how they believe they get access to heaven; the oaths they swear; who God is; etc...

If you want to know what good deeds they do (at least in relation to the common good and not spiritual good).. that to is easy to find and readily available.

If you are looking for conspiracy information, I think that triples the information you will find with the first two questions :laugh:

However, in relation to your posts, the main question that must be noted biblically is should a person willingly stay in and continue to support a group that stands completely at odds with and in opposition to the Word of God?

In the same manner the question can also be asked; Should a Christian be a part of and continue to support the Mormon views even though they know it is incorrect? (especially regarding salvation and entrance into Heaven)

Mormons do good things, they have hospitals and good works ministries too. They even talk about God and Jesus, His death and resurrection and even use the a bible, as well as other books that are considered Holy (much in the same way Masons do)

#36 Allan, May 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
  17. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Allan, maybe I can boil it all down to one question about Masons and what they do.

WHY do they do what they do? I want to know the purpose behind Masons, the motivation.

That's my question.

If I can get that one answered, maybe I'll go onto the next one.

Yes, I have read both positive and negative comments. That's why I asked BOTH sides questions. I want to hear it from both sides. I don't want both sides to argue with each other though! I just want to know from actual people who KNOW so they can tell ME and then I will know. I can go and look up stuff, but it doesn't mean it will be the truth. I want to hear from people who have been Masons, experienced it, and can speak from that experience. That's really the only way to learn anything when it comes down to it.

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They see themselves as being about going good works to help others as being their "mission" from God, that they are brought together as "brothers" to help others!

19. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

My father was a Mason. If a person wants to join they make it known to a Mason member, but a Mason is to never approach a non-member and ask him to join. If for some reason a member black balls you in the vote for intrance you won't get in. The Masons have secret hand shakes and if you are a Mason you are under obligation to help another Mason. I attended an assosiation of The Baptist once and i noticed the preachers that were put on to preach, picked by the preachers commitee were all Masons, so they stick together. A deacon in the church i belong to is a Mason and i was invited to a dinner a few years ago for the widows and orphans of decease Masons. After Dinner one of the higher up Masons got up and made a talk. They will not mention the name of Christ or talk about salvation of any belief inside the temple which is their lodge. Masons have many connections and i believe that is the reason a lot of people join. I know a lot more but i am smart enough to keep it to myself.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    many baptists seem to be apart of the Lodge, but if they really know what the Lodge and masonry taught...

What do baal and the Lord have in fellowship?