1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any hear ever read Chosen buit Free, or What love is this?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Yeshua1, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By Norman Geisler and David Hunt, as they seemed to be the 2 most popular refuting of calvinism among Non Cals...

2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but I read Dr. James White’s book, “The Potter’s Freedom”, that totally dismantled Geisler’s theory...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've read parts of "Chosen But Free", and all of "What Love is This?", as well as "Debating Calvinism: Five Points, Two Views" at least twice.

When I read the latter, I was struck with how often James White referenced Scripture for everything, while Dave Hunt's replies seemed mostly emotional and based on human reasoning. His use of Scripture was also very sparse.

I had the same impression when I read, "What Love Is This?".

Since then, I've seen video of Dave Hunt replying to the issue, and I was impressed with how often he used out-of-context verses from the Old Testament that speak to God's covenant nation of Israel, and not to all men, and his use of verses that speak only to God's children:

He goes kind of fast in places, so I had to pause every so often and look up the Scriptures for myself.
    Just watching his closing statements at 1:22:06, I found many errors of usage.

"Pipa insults common sense...", says Dave Hunt.

I wonder if he ever really understood that our understanding and sense of something, as a race, was bankrupt thousands of years ago...not only not trustworthy and objectively able to judge something that only God is able to judge, but totally disqualified to judge our own situation.

That is, our spiritual heart's condition before Him.

#3 Dave G, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1