1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Any Here exposed to the Apostolic reformation movement?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, May 6, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which cliams that God is now restoring back offices of Apostles and prophets in the Church?

2. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like some on the Christianity Board.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They claim that God will be raising up last day Church mightily then in Acts, as we will raise the dead, mass healing, and basically take over the world and invite Jesus to then come back!

4. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    i believe God is raising up Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Shepherds and Teachers--He has always been since the ascension of Christ and outpouring of His Holy Spirit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would there be Prophets and Apostles though, as He ceased any additional revelations to us, and that is all those so called modern ones claim to be having now!

6. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture says there are--the burden of proof is on you my friend to prove otherwise.

Ephesians 4
    11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

7. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not question anything of God. Personally, I doubt the church will be around past another 5 months, but not really a prediction. I think I would want to be the first to enter heaven. There will be 144K sealed, but those you are questioning about, are jumping the gun a bit, cause Revelation says the angel is not sent until after the church leaves. Whoever "they" are, are not the church, and not the 144K. There are still the thunderings that we know nothing about.

If this group just claims authority from the original apostles, I would say Satan has deceived someone at some point.

8. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You will be a sad man when your eschatological opinion fails to happen...

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am of the point of view that the two speaking gifts which were in part in the Apostle Paul's day (1 Corinthianns 13:9) where done away with the pefection of those two gifts (1 Corinthians 13:8-10; James 1:17) with the giving of the Revelation of Jesus Christ (Revelation 1:1-3) that no prophecies are to be added to the hearing of it (Revelation 22:18). And the foundation of Christ's church is complete (Ephesians 2:20).

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The prophets and Apostles have lad the foundation for theology over the Cornerstone Jesus, so no more need for them today! Do you think God is giving forth additional revelations thru them today to the Church?

11. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am already a sad man, because it seems the cares of this life have blinded the eyes of the church, and no one is giving up their pet doctrines, that will be useless soon. The majority of theology is already of no use to any one.

BTW: it is not my eschatology. I am happy that this punishment of labor will soon be over. Sad are those who think it should last longer than what God demands.

Much sadder are those who have to give up their education as just filthy rags. Blessed are those who only preach the Gospel.

12. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is your eschatology. You have, in your words, "a pet doctrine" which is driving your beliefs. Others have rightly shown your "pet doctrine" to be false doctrine. Therefore, you should be sad that you hold to a false doctrine. Now, if you wish to connect with the comet that soon will pass earth and board the spaceship, be my guest. If it saddens you that I don't join you, that is your sadness not mine. I know the Sovereign King has me in the palm of His hand. I have no worries for my position in His Kingdom.
    Go in peace.

13. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that is the case is your pet, always pointing out people's faults?

Because I am ok with Satan going to God pointing out my mistakes. It troubles me when it happens on a public forum, but only mere speculation by a human with no authority. The church is in trouble if more believers take the stance you do.

I am the one posting my post, I cannot deny that. If you think it is eschatology or doctrine, you must be understanding my post. Why would that make me sad?

You have not shown any proof of a false doctrine. Hyperbole is not proof. Does your sovereign demand you go around and ridicule and judge other humans, just like Satan does before God?

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    wait patiently for the LORD, WATCH AND PRAY.

Mark 13
    33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
    34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
    35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
    36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
    37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

15. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ever read the passage about Elijah on Mt Carmel when he mocked the prophets of Baal?
    Now, please be specific about your pet doctrine so everyone can see how it matches with scripture. I would love it if your doctrine aligned with scripture so please share it.

16. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can not show me in Scripture where He stopped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, to varying degrees. I also think most who claim to be are not.

18. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not have a doctrine. Are you claiming to be Elijah? Show me what you think my posts say that has confused you. I am here to correct and point out other poster's incorrect interpretations, or answer questions. I have nothing other to say than the echo of John the Baptist, "Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.", and echoing Isaiah, "Saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight."

19. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    You absolutely have a doctrine.
    I am telling you that the child of God mocks the foolishness of the gods of men.
    Now, share your doctrine.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

20. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haven’t you known, haven’t you heard that the everlasting God, Adonai, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not grow tired or weary?
    His understanding cannot be fathomed. He invigorates the exhausted, he gives strength to the powerless.
    Young men may grow tired and weary,
    even the fittest may stumble and fall;
    but those who hope in Adonai will renew their strength, they will soar aloft as with eagles’ wings; when they are running they won’t grow weary, when they are walking they won’t get tired.