1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ANY here still us the 1901 ASV To study from?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by JesusFan, May 21, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

is it considered still to be a valid /good study version?

2. Japheth10

Japheth10 New Member

It sure is.....

Sadly,I currently do not have one.

3. JTornado1

JTornado1 Member

The ASV of 1901 is still an excellent Bible for study. Star Bible Publishers in Texas publishes it, and you can also get it online from youversion.com.

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I still use the ASV 1901 along with the KJV.

5. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like the ASV 1901. I have one that was printed in 1921. The cover was falling off, but because the pages are not in that good of shape, I decided not to have it recovered. I fixed it with some black duct tape instead. :)

Star Publishers is currently out of complete ASV Bibles. They have some NT's, but I want the complete Bible. I thought they were going to print more this spring, but they have not done so. Bummer.

6. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I made a mistake. My ASV was printed in 1929 and not 1921. I did download the version for e-sword.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    While the large church of my teen years used the Scofield KJV1769 revision, it housed the larget ifb seminary. There, many used the ASV1901 since it was a far more accurate translation from the Greek. It had some glaringly poor translations/choices (all man-made attempts fail at some point or other) II Tim 3:16 was really bad.

Still have mine from college and seminary . . along with notes I wrote in the margin. I MUCH prefer it to the NASB (the 1901 revised for the worse) and have it for easy reference.