1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ANY here use Either Accordance/BibleWorks For Study?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by JesusFan, Nov 3, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Are they still seen as being BEST bible software?

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I use Accordance. It blows away Bibleworks imho.

If you've got a Mac, buy it and use it. Just my thoughts. Bibleworks is a good program for PC.

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Which modules/program did you get for Accordance?

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I've got the scholars edition with the languages pack (HALOT, BDAG lexicons) along with the maps package.

The maps package is amazing and it really helps bring to life many of the points you're trying to make. You can fly into a particular place and see the topographical features (hills, mountains, rivers, valleys, etc)

In terms of overall performance the means of doing complicated searches, comapring usage in various works, and even just doing general language work Accordancce excells beyond any PC based program I've encountered.

I have also recently picked up the GloBible software and added it to my Mac. It is really powerful and has some crazy good modules.

The best part of both is that they load across platforms onto my iPad. Since I use my iPad as the primary means of presenting this is very helpful. If you've got a Mac I'd say buy Accordance. However, don't let them fool you, the PC emulator is terrible and basically you're running a monochrome version of Accordance at a slower speed. It isn't worth it.

There are a lot of good blogs out there written by scholars who understand the capabilities and can test the software effectively. I'd encourage you to check those out.