1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Any pastors/Missionaries experience demonic first hand?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    was it possession, voices, weird events?

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes. Several times in both local and international ministry settings. I've also witnessed an exorcism.

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Mostly in Central Texas between 1988-1990.

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    just how was the demonic manifested, was it like we see in movies or?

And did the demon come out immendiantly, like Jesus always was able to do?

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were any of them "saved"? Did they all get healed and saved?

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    here's a couple of complete accounts.

1995. San Jose del Monte, Bulacan, Philippines. I was a church worker. this woman was an invited guest by one of our members. invited with an expectation of possession she had been manifesting.
    the pastor's avowed ministry was to battle possession, but the pastor wasn't there at the time, he was a visiting preacher in another church. a fellow church worker was designated preacher for that Sunday.
    three hymns sung. all about the blood of Christ. the woman exhibited restlessness, she looked clammy, perspiring, short of breath, or at least panting. I was seated behind her, told to just in case she IS possessed and becomes violent. she was 110 lbs, I was all of 185 lbs.
    then the preacher tells the congregation to open their Bibles, and she faints, on the floor, I pick her up, along with her female relatives start to take her into the pastor's study where there was a sofa.
    As I began to step towards the study, still in the church auditorium, her eyes pop open wide, only the whites visible, then she stiffens, and screams, or moans, and she suddenly weighed twice as much as she should I had to put her down on the floor, and had four more big men help me carry her to the study.
    the pastor's wife insisted she be brought to the study so as not to disrupt services, and assigned me and another worker to watch her, and we'll wait for the pastor to come back from the other church in the next town, to deal with her.
    so there I was in the room, sitting right on the edge of the bed where she lay, watching her, with another worker, and we see the whites of her eyes moving around looking at the room, then staring at each of us in turn, and every now and then she'd raise a limb here, or there and we'd try and lower it down, try because we couldn't, unless she voluntarily did.
    then some lump the size of a marble forms in the middle of her forehead, under the skin, and begins to move around one end of her forehead to the other, then up, down, now diagonally, next minute perpendicular to her nose.
    and then she cackles.
    yeah, she cackles, a horrible, broken laugh kind of sound, without her throat moving or her mouth opening.
    and there was a horrible, sickening, sweet-rotting kind of smell, the kind that you smell in jobs that deal with the dead and the rotting.
    there was no levitating, no head turning on its neck, no spitting of green slime, no furnitures moving around, no glass or mirrors shattering.
    no change of temperature.
    just a stifling heaviness in the air. just the feeling that something's about to give. and anger.
    the services were over, the pastor's wife came and checked in on us, so did the other deacons of the church, and the woman's relatives.
    Her eyes still just the whites, that stupid marble sized thing still moving around in her forehead, and that ugly cackling kind of laugh every now and then.
    prayers. hymns. bible reading. clock ticking.
    the woman was getting more restless as the hours passed.
    four o'clock in the afternoon she began to really get restless, she'd sit up straight on the bed and not any number of us could get her back to a lying position. we'd get her upper torso on the bed, her legs would swing up where her torso was, we'd get those on the bed and her upper torso would sit up.
    went on for minutes, and she was cackling all the time.
    then the pastor arrived, and that's when the show began.
    she knew who he was, she said, and the room temp fell cold, chilling to the bone, and the sofa spun, and the pastor just kept on commanding the spirit to leave, and this went on for hours, and I was standing at the corner just watching all this.
    finally, after eight in the evening, she lays down, and kind of burps.
    and I see her hair, by now covering her face, move along with the burp, and feel a rush of wind towards the doors.
    then she was limp, and pale, and thirsty, and hungry, and demanded to know what happened, and she was told.
    she "accepted" Christ as her Savior that night, but refused to give up her amulets, and to discard the statues of her Roman Catholic saints in her house, and the
    "blessed" necklaces hanging around her neck.
    last I heard, before I left that church to join another which ran a Bible seminary from which I graduated, she was back to her home province, and doing her old thing.
    quackery. she was a quack doctor of some kind.
    strange for a beautiful young woman.

#6 pinoybaptist, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
  7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2nd complete account.
    same church, a few weeks before the incident with the beautiful quack doctor.
    we were having Sunday services, the door flies open, and in walks a grimy, disheveled, barefooted bearded man with wild looking eyes and a stink about him.
    he walks straight to the pastor who was in the pulpit, and announces himself to be a demon.
    pastor orders him to sit on the floor, in the Name of Christ, and he staggers back.
    the deacons jump up from their seats and, along with the pastor, surrounds the man, screaming at him and "casting out" the demon in him, demanding to know his name.
    He just stands there, laughing.
    Then he buckes down, falls to his knees, then on his back, and starts to writhe as if in pain.
    Then he starts to kick at the men, or was he thrashing around ?
    Then he jumps up, but falls again, jumps up. falls again, finally remains on his back, staring at the men with bloodshot, red eyes, hissing and snarling and baring his teeth like they were fangs, but that's about it.
    no levitations, none of those Hollywood crap.
    then he, again, burps, loud, from the belly, burp.
    and we all felt, rather than saw, the air, out of him.
    then he goes limp, and lucid, and sat down and asks who we were and where he was and when told, begins to tell us who he was.
    He said he was a construction worker working on a construction of a building about 15 or 20 miles away as the crow flies and that early that Sunday morning he awoke with a bad headache and a feeling of nausea, and next thing he knew he was surrounded by a group of yelling men in a church building in a town he has never been to.
    Judging from the bruises on his feet and his soles and the dust and mud that caked on them, plus the fact that he was wearing what would normally be sleep attire for construction workers (work pants and A-shirt) and the sweat and perspiration that dried up, we surmised he walked all the way.
    all approximately 25 or 30 kilometers away.
    well, he made no profession of faith at that time, saying he is a church going guy, but we gave him fresh clothes and a pair of flip flops and money for his fare, plus.

8. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two came out of that lifestyle and became disciples of Jesus. As far as I know, three of them may still be demonized. I've completely lost track of one of them and I wouldn't be surprised if she is deceased by now. One of the others I located on Facebook and his life is a complete mess. Another is actually a Facebook friend and wastes no opportunity to rail against God.

I'm a firm believer in not delivering people from the demonic if they don't want to come to Christ. It will make their state worse than before. God has purposes for people to be afflicted by the demonic that I don't completely understand. However, in my way of doing things, confronting the demonized is a form of evangelism. If someone wants to be set free in Christ, you can take authority over the demonic and send it away. Otherwise, leave them to their decision.

9. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I personally know a Christian Nurse that worked in a home for the mental disturbed. She spoke once of a young woman in the clinic that could slip from one personality to another reflecting many individuals even to the point of voice changes. From female to male. One of the personalities admitted it was a demon.

Course, to clinic management it was forbidden to offer up any effort to remove this demonic presence as they would lose their funding should she return to normal.

This nurse finally resigned and moved on.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    just watched this morning a show on "IF Satan was really an extraterrestial Alien", but they had the "rev" Bob Larson in church with 200 "demon possessed" persons, and he went from person to person, and said that "he was bring torment and fire down upon satan", and proceeded to do a mass exorcism of 200 persons!

Do you think that was how it suppossed to happen?

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    think that there are indeed legit vases of mental illnesses, can't help but think some might be demonic, especially those heavily into drug/alcohol abusing, as that lowers threaseholds to satan!

12. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

In short, Bob Larson is a fraud. There is an enormous amount of documentation regarding this online.

13. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not everyone who is mentally ill (in fact, most) is demonized. I'm convinced that everyone who is demonized is also mentally ill because of the disruptive effect of the demonic in their lives. When they are freed from the demonic and come to Christ, they can find mental healing, although it may be a process for some people instead of an instantaneous fix.

14. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't watch those kinds of movies...I can only imagine this was far different. Nothing exploded.

The evil spirit was manifested as it encountered someone who is purely walking with Christ and commanded it to identify itself.

The process took two hours. After confronting the demon we withdrew and prayed. The leader of the group had been fasting for the past day, knowing this was likely what would be encountered. We then returned, and cast out the demon. It left upon being cast out in Jesus name.

15. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

I guess no matter what Yeshua1 can't escape his charismatic roots

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is why I said MOST of mentall illness has a chemical/mental/physical aspect, but do think SOME also has demonic aspects involved!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO! Fully 'delivered" out of those doctrines/practices, but just was curious if others experienced anything?

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I asked a pastor once about this, but he had no good answer. The question was, Catholics have detailed procedures for an exorcism. How do Baptists handle that? To the best of my knowledge, we have none.

I believe very strongly in the supernatural events on this earth, and believe it to be demonic activity. I also believe it will increase as the end gets closer. I think all the unexplained occurrences of ghosts, UFOs, and other such nonsense to be demonic.

With the explosion of ghost hunter type TV shows, there is a keen interest in the subject. It is just that most assume it is a human soul remaining on earth. I do not see how anyone can read Scripture and believe it is a human soul. They either go the presence of the Lord, or to hell to await judgment day. It is demons mimicking our foolish assumptions.

As far as the UFO phenomena, while it is more possible than ghosts, I still believe it to be demonic. While there may be life out there in the universe, the idea they have the technology or the desire to come here is kind of far fetched.

Humans yearn for the supernatural. They look for every way to connect to it except from the most obvious way, a relationship with Jesus Christ.

19. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The power and authority to cast out the demonic does not lie in rituals or practices. When I had to deal with it, I had little help except for the scripture. That was more than enough. Both Jesus and Paul simply commanded the evil spirit(s) to leave in the authority inherent in Jesus.

That has always been enough for me.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To go along with what you posted here...

saw this morning at breakfast, how some hold that satan and his demons were actually aliens from another domension, whose crime was that God wanted o keep man ignornat, and he came to earth to give them knowledge, and help in getting tech and culture!

many would seem to want that version, as he was a "big brother" for us, and big bad God against us!