1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Any pastors/Missionaries experience demonic first hand?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have heard/read those stories of taking hours and days to cast out a demon, but in the Bible accounts, didn't it always happem immendiantly, save for the time the Apostles had their crisi of faith and cld not vast ot out of boy?

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For Jesus and Paul, it seemed to happen quickly. In my experience, it happens very quickly, although there is often a bit of resistance.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    your stories seem real and believable, NOT those heard and saw in 'deliverence ministries" while in pentacostal circles!

4. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    think that there are indeed legit vases of mental illnesses, can't help but think some might be demonic, especially those heavily into drug/alcohol abusing, as that lowers threaseholds to satan!

Yeshua1, I'm of the opinion that Satan can only attack through the mind/brain and of course, alcohol, drugs, etc., open ones mind to said attack.

Then, there are certainly some people with chemical imbalances that often can be treated with medication.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, thast is why I would say just some are inluenced/possessed by Demonic activity!

Like in the Gospels, it said Jesus healed AND also cast out demons, so some were physical illnesses, other demonic!

Very dangerous to have a sinner, not saved, goinginto altred states though, as they have NO way to fight off any satanic influences heading their way at those times!

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thank you for the response. That is good practical knowledge I had never heard before.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't se in the bible a ministry of "deliverence" as say Bob larson says he has, nor exorcism. but do see Christians, when called upon, can ask God to intervene to set the captive free!

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes!

It was during an alter call, maybe 17 years ago! There were about 40 people, and I prayed for each of them one-on-one! Of course I had the church pastor, my wife, a member of our music ministry and several prayer warriors from the church. We would all surround and lay hands on the people!

The last guy was middle aged, dressed in dirty army fatigues, and stunk to high heavens with BO!

When we gathered around him, everyone seemed nervouse, and I knew why, the man was spewing evil!

As we worked don the line, each person wuld take the lead and pray, but when we got to this man, NO ONE wanted to pray! So it came to me!

As they laid hands on him, I prayed, and he began cussing, and getting agitated. The entire congregation seemed to stand up, and lift hands in our direction, and I simply rebuked the spirit, and called for it to leave the man!

No wrestling, no long, drawn out prayer needed. I just said, "In Jesus name, I command you to let go of this man, and to leave this place immediately!" Well, to all of our surprise, the man began to spout off more anger, and I could see that he had more than one spirit hanging on!

I raised my voice, and once again, commanded that any and all spirits of the world, flesh and Satan, leave immiadtely, in Jesus name!"

The man calmed down, and let us all pray for him, and everyone in the group took turns praying! There was a real peace, and the pastor called me later that week to tell me that the man, a street transient, had returned to the Wednesday night service, clean, bathed, shaven, and carrying the Bible we gave him Sunday night!

Pastor went on to tell me that the man was a totally different man from the one that had come to several past services, and on that evening!

About a year later, we ministered again at the church, and the same guy, hardly recognizable to me, came up and thanked me for praying with him, leading him to Jesus, and told me he was now head usher for the church!

Yes, I've seen demon oppressed and possessed people. I've prayed for them, and I've seen them delivered! This was one of maybe twenty that I can clearly remember being set free and given new life in Jesus!

I've also witnessed some long drawn out, prayers for people with demon spirit symptoms, and they were fiascos, and poorly done! Jesus set the example, and He and his followers never di much more than command the spirits leave in the name of Jesus! No reason for a floor show to entertain the congregation!

I hope this answers your questions! God bless!

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't know....

....that Bob Larson was still around! He was once pretty sensible and level headed, but went way overboard, more show than ministry!

He jumped on the Mike Warnke bandwagon, and made a living out of demon possessions! I felt sad to see the direction he went off to!

There are not demons in everyone, or everything! And unlike Fip Wilson, the devil didn't, or doesn't, always make you do it! :wavey:

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just want to have 2 extremes avoiding in this subject, that we do not see all things done as being "satan and his demons", nor also refusing to seeif there could be any influence from them!

Also want to avoid making it appear as Holleywood has that Jesus and satan about evely macthed, that the demon sometimes even wins!

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I know nothing about exorcisms except this. They do exist, and we as children of God have the ability to get rid of the demons. From the way Paul, John, Peter and Christ Himself answered the problem, I can see no need for the elaborate ceremony of the RCC, but I do see a need for a basic understanding of the problem and the ability to rid the person of the demon through the power of the Lord Jesus Christ. Maybe the best answer is that the Holy Spirit would guide one at the time. There is no excuse for being unprepared for the situation, especially if one is in a leadership position that might come across the situation.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    when I say 'Exorocism" ministry, do agree that someone saved by the Lord, and filled with His Spirit can confront thedemonic, but that we do not have "official" ones, like the catholic church has, and NO need to rread those long latin texts as they do, and NO need to ask mary to intercede either!