1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any RVers amoung us?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Dan Stiles, May 20, 2003.

1. Dan Stiles

Dan Stiles New Member

We just bought an RV - a 1990 Allegro 34 footer. I pick it up the day after Memorial Day and will drive it home. It's been a long time since I drove a long striaght-truck, so I'll need some practice, but we look forward to some actual vacations. What are your favorite places to RV or camp? What are your favorite "horror stories" about camping?

And BTW, keep me (and everyone else around me on the road) in your prayers that last week of May.

2. SAM J SUDDETH

SAM J SUDDETH New Member

Hi Dan Stiles [​IMG] I guess I am an EX RVer. I have a 28 ft Hornet travel trailer but it is up for sale. I and my wife love to go to Camp Meetings. Taylorsville (NC) Baptist Camp Meeting begins Fathers Day and last two weeks. Some of the best preaching and singing. They have FULL hookups. We don't get to vacation much anymore. My wife is sickly and we are getting too old to
    go like we used to. Hope you enjoy your trailer and use it for the glory of God.
    Sam

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just an RV wannabe.

We're a tent camping family: tents, air beds, propane appliances, etc. I've always thought it would be nice to have an RV, so at least I would have a place to store all the stuff so it doesn't take half a day just to get loaded.

4. SAM J SUDDETH

SAM J SUDDETH New Member

Hi again. Horror story = I bought a trailer and my hitch wasn't right with it. I could not get enough tension on my equalizing bars. A "Carrier"
    a trailer that they load on ships passed me like I was stopped (I was doing 60MPH) and I almost lost it . I almost hit the foot break but caught myself just in time and pressed the hand lever on my electric brake and THANK THE LORD, that straightened it out. There was nothing beside me or I would have wiped them out. Those carrier type trailers push the most air. Watch out for them. Sam