1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any Southern Students out there?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by NikkiLeigh, Jun 18, 2004.

1. NikkiLeigh

NikkiLeigh New Member

I am moving up to Kentucky in August to go to Southern. It's actually me and two friends. We live in Texas right now and are having trouble deciding on an apartment. We have it narrowed down to two options: Autumn Run and Jamestown St. Matthews. Does anyone know anything about these apartments? We only have online pictures of them to go by...not very reliable!
    PM me if you can help-Thanks!

2. NateT

NateT Member

I'm at Southern right now. Just started this summer. Don't know anything about those apartments though. We're at village manor, and it's good for my family, although there aren't many single students that live here. St. Matthews is a nice part of town (I think) it's about 2 miles from the campus.

3. The Chief

The Chief New Member

Jamestomwn apts are the ones that many students have chosen. They are very nice and if you have some friends to go in with, then you ahead of the game.
    You are going to love Southern! I just finished my second year and it has been more that I ever expected.

4. NikkiLeigh

NikkiLeigh New Member

Thanks for your help! Do you know anything about Autumn Run?

Has anyone actually seen the inside of either Autumn Run or Jamestown?

We are all really excited about Southern. We respect the faculty and can't wait to sit under their teaching. [​IMG]

5. JGrayhound

JGrayhound New Member

Sorry, never seen the inside of either one.

Why did you choose Southern over Southwestern? (Out of curiosity.)

6. NikkiLeigh

NikkiLeigh New Member

The faculty at Southern is incredible-I visited Southwestern and found that some of the professors teach from books written by Southern profs. Plus, Mohler is incredible.

I love the emphasis of theology at Southern and I love where the Southern staff stands on most theological issues. Plus, it's conservative. So many other seminaries are so liberal.

I checked out many more seminaries than just Southern and Southwestern. But, when it came down to it, Southern (by far) offers the most for the money.

Plus John Piper (gotta love him!) recommends Southern. This didn't "make the decision" for me, but it did get me to look at the school.

That was probably more info. than you wanted...sorry about that!