1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone here have SKYANGEL?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by stedfastmom, Sep 4, 2002.

1. stedfastmom

stedfastmom New Member

I am considering SkyAngel satellite dish service, which is only $9 a month, and cutting off my cable TV. Does anyone here have SkyAngel? I'd love to hear from you. I need to know, can you still watch sporting events, such as Nascar racing or hockey games, etc? Or any home shows like HGTV?

I'm not really interested in SkyAngel for all the preaching shows necessarily, but many of the family friendly movies, old shows like "Any Griffith", "Leave it to Beaver, etc., programming, gospel music, etc.

If you are subscribed to SkyAngel, could you please reply and tell me your opinion of it. I refuse to support the cable company's programming any longer! So much garbage! A complete waste of money!

Like they say, it's not television...

It's... HELL-avision... LOL...Satan's tool and doorway into our homes...

Thanks & GOD bless you all!

~STED~

2. stedfastmom

stedfastmom New Member

3. Jeremai

Jeremai New Member

I had heard of it on Family Radio but didn't realize they have TV channels too. I have requested a brochure from the website. We don't have cable or satellite because it is too expensive, but $9 a month sounds really good. I would be really interested to hear what people think of it.

4. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

I've had it for more than 2 years and I really like it. I strongly recommend it to everyone.

5. GChris777

GChris777 Guest

Hello everyone! I work at Sky Angel and would love to answer any questions you might have about Sky Angel. I'll have to say though; Sky Angel is not an absolute alternative to cable service. Sky Angel does not carry sports or news 24 hours a day. There's no 24 Home and Garden channel either.

What Sky Angel does offer you is what your cable system, satellite TV or TV antenna doesn't offer you, multiple channels of Christ-Centered and Family Friendly TV and radio channels.

Sky Angel also won’t interfere with your current TV offerings in your home (Sky Angel uses a DISH Network brand satellite system). Because Sky Angel offers many channels and programs not available elsewhere, you should consider Sky Angel no matter what type of current TV service you have or do not have.

Thanks for giving me this opportunity to answer any questions you might have.

God Bless,
    Glenn Christopher
    Sky Angel
    PS. I wont be on this board selling Sky Angel, simply interjecting when appropriate.

6. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

I have Sky Angel and it's a bargain at $9.00 per month. My only complaint is the hard rock and near-satanic looking and sounding stuff that's passed off as being for "young people".

But, you can block the channels to protect the kids, and there's a lot of really good stuff for them on the other channels. I especially like the old shows, and the music channels that actually play music, and good music too.

7. jasonW*

jasonW* New Member

Simple question for a guy addicted to sports. Can I get football/basketball games on Sky Angerl?

I currently don't have cable , so I am constantly going through sports withdrawal.

Thanks,
    jason