1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone know of a church that does not practice “green tree” idolatry?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ituttut, Jan 3, 2006.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

"Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
    2. Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
    3. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
    4. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
    5. They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good."
    Jeremiah 10:1-5 Christian faith, ituttut

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

No church I have ever been associated with cuts a tree out of the forest with an ax, decks it with silver and gold, fastens it with nails and hammers, etc.

Every church I have been associated with knows that trees cannot do either evil or good.

3. superdave

superdave New Member

Most of the churches I have been a part of also know how to properly interpret scripture. When something is commanded to the house of Israel, that does not make it a right or wrong issue for use today.

Or do you also attend a church that still slaughters bulls and goats on the horned altar to atone for their sins, and stones rebellious children? If so, than maybe the hangup about a tree would make more sense.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You weren' thinking of Exodus 25 and 26 were you?

5. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

FWIW;
    My home church has zero christmas decorations and zero cantatas, and zero christmas choir performances, and zero (_________________).

Visit us here: www.tvbc.org

Do we get any brownie points from ituttut?

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

How many times, and forums will this be posted?

I don't think ituttut is looking for a discussion, I think their just "stirring the pot"

Jamie
    Spam in my email and now Spam in the forums.. :(

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess, etc, etc...

HankD

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

This thread is closed. There is no theological question on the table, nor attempt at Bible study.

Reprise the theme song and roll the credits.