1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

anyone listen to relient k? switchfoot? anberlin?...

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by ellekae, Sep 8, 2005.

1. ellekae

ellekae New Member

just wondering what you guys listened to...

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I like Switchfoot, Kutless, Pillar, Seventh Day Slumber, Toby Mac, Skillet, 12 Stones as well as Gaither Vocal Band (Michael Phelps in particular), Steven Curtis Chapman, Jeremy Camp, and numerous others that I can't think of right this moment. I like classical. I also like house music (area 63 on Sirius i.e. Chemical Brothers), some Reggae, some '80's music, and Boston (as with any secular musice, I have to discern what I listen to). The only thing I detest is country music!

I really wish there was a christian reggae band. If anyone knows of one, please post!

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Hello there!

I don't know who that is that you mentioned. [​IMG]
    I listen mostly to country, Christian country, and Praise music. :cool:

4. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

I like FFH, Avalon, 4Him, and a bunch of others. I have a fairly varied taste in music and have been exposed to a lot. I work a couple of hours a week at our local Christian radio station.

5. Ashleigh

Ashleigh New Member

I like all those that you mentioned webdog

6. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Casting Crowns (ya gotta get the new one, Lifesong); Michael W. Smith; Steven Curtis Chapman; Avalon; FFH; Mercy Me; Selah; Steve Green; Chris Tomlin; Mark Schultz; Phillips, Craig, & Dean; Glad; Newsboys; Chris Rice; many others of this type...and, yes, conservative Christian college music productions...I am very eclectic...love classical since that is the root of all great music compostition (Mozart, Brahms, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Debussy, Bach, Grieg, Rachmaninoff, etc.)

7. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Hello elliekae,

Much like my good friend Daniel, my tastes span a broad spectrum, both in secular and Christian music.

I just got back from a mini-vacation, and was exposed to southern gospel. I had never really listened to any music from this particular genre, and really enjoyed the lyrics of several of the songs I heard.

Hope all of you are having a great week,
    BiR

P.S. That goes for you too, Daniel. Hope all is well.

8. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Thank you so much, BiR. God is good, especially in the valley where I currently walk. There are no changes with my family situation. God has stripped me of everything so that I could finally see Him and come to know Him in ways I've never done before. It is sweet. (No, I am not a super-saint as I am often mocked by some on this board as being, but I am learning how good it is to walk closely to the Savior and at times to lay my head on His chest.)

Let me hasten to focus on one recording from one of the artists I listed above. I would highly recommend Steve Green's newest recording, Somewhere Between . For anyone going through the valleys, this recording is a must. The style would almost pass at the conservative Christan colleges and Universities. It is symphonic and of the enormous breadth of a Josh Groban type recording. There are unbelievbable orchestrations of wonderful musical construction.

Most importantly, the words get to the heart. There is an enormous focus on God and His sufficiency. I will be singing one of the songs from the album a week from Sunday in my own church.

I recently attended a Steve Green concert and had him pray for me as I walk through this valley. He was most gracious and humble.

Please, friends, get this recording ASAP.

9. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Hey Daniel,

[​IMG]
    It is wonderful to hear you say that, and I rejoice with you. I may be headed to Ohio soon on business - perhaps we can get together. That is, depending upon your current location. I would be willing to drive to have coffee with you.......perhaps even dinner!!

Isn't it great to know that God is good all the time?

Wishing God's Blessings upon you, my brother,
    BiR

10. Daniel

Daniel New Member

I would love to have dinner with you, BiR!! I am in the Columbus area, Westerville specifically. How does that fit with your business travels? Please PM me with the info. I would love to see you! [​IMG]