1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone studied "Oneness" to refute?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Bartimaeus, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

Visited Tucker Facility, Arkansas Dept of Corrections today and met a young man (40 years on murder)who has embraced oneness theology. I have never delt with it before and any sites or info would be appreciated.

Thank You -------Bart

2. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

I tried to edit and correct spelling (dealt) but am still having trouble with "log in" function. We cleared all the old cookies off the hard drive and ever since we have never been able to work the board correctly since. Any ideas to help us with this problem would be greatly appreciated also.

Thank You ------Bart

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bart, go down to the "Other Religions/Doctrines" threads in the "Debates" section. Look for any messages by MEE or Oneness.

The biggest thing they like to espouse is the pentacostal belief of the gift of tongues.

Other than that, they deny the Trinity.

4. DCK

DCK New Member

You may also want to check out a book by Gregory Boyd entitled Oneness Pentecostals and the Trinity (published by Baker Books). Boyd is a former member of a Oneness church and does a good job of refuting their theology.

5. Ron Grove

Ron Grove New Member

Oneness theology rejects the Trinity. A trinitarian response by James White of Alpha and Omega Ministries can be found here:

http://aomin.org/CHALC.html

He used to have a debate with a oneness pentacostal who taught against the trinity and also taught that if you haven't recieved the second birth or annointing (basically speaking in tounges) that you aren't actually saved. Don't know if they all teach the second part or not, but I know it's a commonly held oneness position. I can't find it now as they are reorganizing all of his audio materials at http://www.straitgate.com/aom/index.htm.

Hope the links help some.

In Christ,
    Ron

6. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter