1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone Tried...

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Creyn, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Creyn

Creyn New Member

I was just curious if anyone here has tried downloading audiobooks from Christian Audio or FamilyAudioLibrary.com?

I know that there's a big "spiritual" section at Audible, but I'd rather give my money to a Christian business... Just curious how well they work.

2. Creyn

Creyn New Member

Update

I went and tried both and have a brief review of each, if anyone is interested...

For sake of comparison, I bought two titles from each store, one fiction, one non-fiction. I got the Shack and Knowledge of the Holy, by A.W. Tozer. The total before taxes from from Christian Audio was $20.96. The total before taxes from Family Audio Library was $15... but tax is included in the price at Family Audio Library.

The sound quality was better at Family Audio Library. The books from Christian Audio are comparable to ones I've purchased from Audible in the past... passable, but could be better.

Christian Audio has a lot more titles than Family Audio Library, but they're mostly older stuff like Tolstoy and Bunyan. Family Audio Library has fewer titles, but most of the new ones I've heard of like Hanegraff and Brower's stuff and a lot from Oasis Audio.

The main drawback to Family Audio Library is that they also sell books, and its not immediately clear whether you're looking at a book or an audio book... Since I'm only interested in downloading audio books, that's kind of annoying.

In summary -

Christian Audio:

Pros - Large number of titles. Competitive Pricing.

Cons - Outdated books. Low sound quality.

http://www.christianaudio.com

Family Audio Library:

Pros: Newer titles. Good prices. Good Sound.

Cons - Book sales are mis-matched and confusing.

http://www.familyaudiolibrary.com