1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anything else besides predestination or free will.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by tinytim, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

How can one be a "Disciple" and "NOT" following the "leadership/Guidance" of the "Holy Ghost"???

To eat and drink the Lord's supper "not discerning" (no respect) for what Jesus did can bring damnation.

1Co 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

The scriptures are the "WORDS OF LIFE" to a condemn world, and the "Holy Ghost" was sent to teach us the scriptures.

Joh 6:63 the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things,

I think many "Christians" believe because they are speaking "ABOUT" Jesus, it's OK, but is it??

Jesus said it wasn't "HIM" speaking but the Spirit (Father) in him and he only spoke as the Spirit spoke.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

If we preach/teach doctrines that haven't been taught by the Spirit, aren't we showing "disrespect" (not discerning) to the importance of these "words of life" that can only be preached/taught by the Spirit???

There's a world of differences between me speaking about Jesus, giving my opinion,

and me as a "Son of God" allowing the "words of life" to be spoke by the Spirit in me.

We'll have to give an account of every idle words spoken, I don't think many have "respect" for what the final tally may be of the words they spoke and the spirit spoke.

And with no regards for the words of life, what does that mean to a lost/dying world??