1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AP - Biden Pick and what it says about Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by TomVols, Aug 23, 2008.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080823...es_analysis;_ylt=AjZb3t.AYHfqTLY.ZWkQfTBh24cA

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Historically, it has been the role of the vice presidential nominee to be the attack dog during the general election. Thus, there is nothing surprising about Senator Obama's selection of someone capable of fulfilling this role.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

And I'm sure if Obama had picked someone less outspoken, the right-wingers would be accusing him of having too big of an ego to work with someone strong.

It's like listening to Limbaugh or Hannity; no matter what Obama does they look at the worse possible scenario and then proceed to attack as though the straw man they created actually exists.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not to mention we forget the president hires a cabinet and together they make the oval office. I have never viewed the president as one man but as the face of a political collaboration. Unless the man is arrogant and hard headed...

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

But remember, Obama has said we should not have a negative campaign. It will be interesting to see if he has the character and integrity to keep that intention, or if he will abandon it (though it could be argued that he has already abandoned it).

Let's face it: Obama was a very weak candidate to begin with and this didn't help him.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Senator McCain said the same thing and he abandoned it. So to be fair you might want to mention that, Pastor Larry. I also expect the GOP during the next two months to surpass its past record for throwing mud during a general election campaign.

2) Certainly no weaker than is Senator McCain.

#6 KenH, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

By the ads I see here he has already broke this promise of not slinging mud. True he isn't as bad as McCain but he still hits below the virtual belt...

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The AP is right wing? :smilewinkgrin:
    I don't know that this is necessarily true.

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Why did George Bush pick Dick Cheney, the ultimate attack dog?