1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Apologetics in Evangelism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a small observation. If you look through Acts, you will see several presentations of the gospel. Now, when presenting to the Jews, who believed in the God of the Bible, the presentation starts with the life of Jesus. However, when presenting to those who did not believe in God, or believed in many gods, the presentation was altered, to start with God. As Jesus said, you must believe in the One who sent me in order to believe in Me.

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

And do you believe that, twenty-one centuries later, that is how it should be? Or do you think our dynamic might be different?

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I believe your advice to follow Paul's method of evangelism is seriously flawed.

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

How rare, although I thought it might happen one day....when we would actually be on the same page.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the greatest evangelist/missionary/Theologian in church history had flawed methods?

6. thisnumbersdisconnected

My advice to follow Paul's method of evangelism is not flawed. What his method was is was what you are really debating. :smilewinkgrin:

#26 thisnumbersdisconnected, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  7. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Evangel, I don't street preach for I don't feel called to do so. I even don't like it for before I was saved I was put off by street preachers shoving Jesus down my throat (as I thought back then). However if you feel God has called you to preach this way then Hallelujah!!!! Who are we to criticize what you feel is God's call on your life especially if it can be backed scripturally. I don't think anyone can prove street preaching isn't for today or for anytime. God calls some to differing services and we must all respect each other. God Bless.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So belief cometh of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. But I say, Did they not hear? Yea, verily, Their sound went out into all the earth, And their words unto the ends of the world. Ro 10:17-18

5 because of the hope which is laid up for you in the heavens, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel,
    6 which is come unto you; even as it is also in all the world bearing fruit and increasing, as it doth in you also, since the day ye heard and knew the grace of God in truth;
    23 if so be that ye continue in the faith, grounded and stedfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel which ye heard, which was preached in all creation under heaven; whereof I Paul was made a minister. Col 1

Now to him that is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which hath been kept in silence through times eternal, but now is manifested, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, is made known unto all the nations unto obedience of faith: Ro 16:25-26

Don't be knuckleheads. Strain your brains, think real hard. What was the conduit through which the gospel spread with lightning speed throughout all the earth before the word of God was even completed?

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the question is too hard for you I'll give you a hint: Acts 15:21.

10. thisnumbersdisconnected

Your assumption that we do not credit the Holy Spirit with the work of the spread of the gospel is off base. Obviously He is responsible for not only the rapid first-century spread of the gospel, but the belief implanted in every new believer since.

Nonetheless, Paul's formula for spreading the gospel was relational. He got to know the people to whom he preached, he appealed to them where they were at -- the Gentiles, after all, had no knowledge of Jewish writings -- and used his own life as an example of sin washed away and a soul redeemed. You can argue against that all you want, but you will be dead wrong.

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aaron is right, you're confused concerning evangelism vs. pastoring. And you totally missed the significance of Acts 15:21. Look at Acts 2:5 for another hint, or, another hint but from the negative viewpoint: Rev 17:15.

What was the conduit through which the gospel spread with lightning speed throughout all the earth before the word of God was even completed?

#31 kyredneck, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
  12. thisnumbersdisconnected

Aaron is wrong, because Paul was not a pastor. He was a apostle/evangelist.
    And you actually think those verses are germane to this discussion? Ridiculous.
    You don't read others' posts before you hair-trigger a response, do you? :rolleyes: