1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Applicant Rejection . . . .

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by LisaMC, Apr 24, 2003.

1. LisaMC

LisaMC New Member

I was wondering how admin determines whether or not to reject an applicant to the Baptist Boards. I recently recommended this site to a Catholic friend and he received notice that his application was rejected. I'm curious as to why.

Thanks in advance, Lisa.

2. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

I wonder if this might be noticed more if it was posted in the announcement forum?????

yours, Jon.

3. LisaMC

LisaMC New Member

Jon,

I tried that first. However, I'm not authorized to post there! :(

4. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I would ask the webmaster this question if I were you. You can get the contact info at the bottom of this page.

Laurenda ;)

P.S. no one to my knowledge is authorized to post in "announcements" but the administrators and moderators of this site.

5. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Why not privately discuss this in a pm to Barnabas or the Webmaster?

Just click on their name and find the pm and send it.

Sherrie [​IMG]

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

HI Lisa, I was just curious why a person of the Catholic church or even Assembly of God, like yourself, would want to read all this Baptist 'stuff'. Not trying to be rude, just curious!

Again, not trying to be rude, just wondering. [​IMG]

Diane

7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I'm curious about that, too, Lisa. Especially since there are dozens of Catholics here who contribute greatly to Baptistboard.

I have to assume it's for reasons other than their Catholicism.

8. LisaMC

LisaMC New Member

Dianne and Mike,

I was invited to this MB from another MB by a member who thought that I could contribute in the Debate Forum where the Catholics hang. I enjoy discussing and debating Catholic doctrine, and the other boards I participated in were really slowing down. In fact, the board I invited my friend from did away with the Catholic forum altogether.

I can't really speak for why Catholics participate on these boards. I can only say the majority of them have told me they do it to defend their faith and to clear up the many misconceptions others have about Catholicism.

God Bless!!!

Lisa

9. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

The Baptist Board only accepts "born-again" registrations (with very few exceptions) at this time.

10. LisaMC

LisaMC New Member

So,

Are all the other RCs on this board "born agains?" Or is this a recent stipulation. I would like to be able to give my friend a good explanation, since I recommended this board to him.

God Bless!!!

Lisa

11. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know of any misconceptions, but I do know about different vocabulary. So, if we first agree with our Catholic friends about the terminology of certain key words (in their doctrinal stand), then we can conduct a more constructive dialogue. For it is not the same when they use words like salvation, and agree on the Biblical concept, when the Vatican records are taking a slightly different stand. Protestants maybe accused of misconceptions involving Catholics, but when the Vatican records are unveiled there could be no misunderstanding about who believes what.

Therefore, we need first and foremost to agree on various words and their meaning - then we can start the dialogue. This is my humble opinion, and it's not worh more than 2 cents... [​IMG]

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

How do you know the Baptists on the Board are born again?

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I recently stopped reading or posting on a well known board that allowed atheists to join and trash the rest of us. (NOT equating Catholics with atheist but making a point about comfort).

As for knowing if Baptists are born again, only God knows the heart but scripture tells us to test the fruit. I'm sure if a member showed unChristian behavior... they would be removed from membership.

A few weeks ago we had a 40 something deacon go forward to admit that he had come to realize he had not accepted Christ. Like I said, only God knows the heart.

I'm glad the board administrator's attempt to keep this a place of believers in Christ Jesus as our Lord and Savior. I try to practice Biblical Separation on the web.

Diane

BIBLICAL SEPARATION

Even the mere mention of the term "Biblical Separation" outrages the majority of today's professing Christians. Those who practice separation as the Bible commands are attacked for being without love for their fellow man, or labelled as overly legalistic. They are condemned from every quarter for posing a threat to the unity of Christians, and it is echoed from pulpits across the land that one who would even suggest not extending fellowship to another believer is heretical.

The condemnation of those who practice "Biblical separation" is a WORLDLY and NOT BIBLICAL teaching. Let's briefly examine exactly what a "Biblical Separatist" is:

DEFINITION: A Biblical Separatist is a Christian who withdraws from or will not associate nor cooperate with a church, group, body, organization or individual that :

(A) Includes unbelievers and advocates teachings and practices which are contrary to scripture

(B) Is apostate and advances apostate teachings and practices

(C) Includes believers who aid, sanction, and advance apostates by their alignment and cooperation with them

(D) Includes believers professing to be Christians who disobey and compromise clear Biblical teaching.

There are many instances that God directs us to SEPARATE from others:

OFFENDING PARTIES

Those who are immoral, impure, covetous, or idolaters. "For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them..." - Eph. 5:5-7 "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. " - Eph. 5:11 DO NOT SHARE with them in their sin. DO NOT participate in the unfruitful works of darkness, rather -REPROVE and EXPOSE them.

Deceivers, specifically Judaizing Christians. "For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;" - Tit. 1:10-13 REBUKE THEM severely that they may be sound in the faith.

False Prophets "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." - 1 John 4:1-3 DO NOT BELIEVE every Spirit, but TEST and TRY whether it be from God.

Ungodly Men who cling to an outward form of godliness. "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." - 2 Tim. 3:1-5 TURN AWAY from men such as these. AVOID them.

Many Deceivers "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds." - 2 John 7-11 DO NOT receive them into your house, DO NOT greet them, DO NOT wish them well.

Judaizers (Those who added circumcision as part of the gospel for salvation) "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." - Gal. 1:6-9 Let him be ACCURSED (destined to divine judgement)

Unbelievers "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. " - 2 Cor. 6:14-18 Be NOT YOKED unequally with them. COME OUT of their midst. SEPARATE yourselves from them.

Disorderly or Disobedient Believers "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us." - 2 Thes. 3:6 'And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother." - 2 Thes. 3:14-15 WITHDRAW from them. NOTE (mark) them. Have NO COMPANY with them. ADMONISH them as a brother.

Those Professing to be Christians who embrace false teachings or create divisions "But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself." - Titus 3:9-11 After the first and second warning, REJECT THEM.

Those Professing to be Christians who cause divisions and offenses contrary to teaching. Smooth talkers who deceive. "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." - Rom. 16:17,18 WATCH (mark) them. TURN AWAY from them.

http://www.iamnotofthisworld.com/biblesep1.htm

14. mimi

mimi New Member

Amen Diane, I agree with you about trying to keep separated on the internet that's why I realy like the Babtist Board. Nothing but Babtists. Connie

15. LisaMC

LisaMC New Member

Barnabas,

Apparently, you edited your first response to me after I responded to you. At the risk of being banned, let me just say--how rude, and not to mention arrogant!!! :mad: In all the arrogant Catholics I've met (and I've met a few, but have almost always been able to overcome differences and build a healthy respectful friendship), no one has topped this. If I were you, I'd be a little concerned how your response would appear to newcomers to the board. It's not very welcoming nor does it exhibit a spirit of christian love.

I searched the entire board to look for a suitable place to ask my question. None seemed just right. For now, I'm going to pray some before I say what I really feel!!! :(

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Lisa! I see nothing rude or arrogant in the reply from Barnabas. He's moved several of my posts when I put something in an inappropriate place. Now he doesn't send flowers with his announcement that he's moved your threads but then I'm an adult and don't need to be stroked and petted when I've made a slight error.

The thread was in the wrong place. In fact, you should have not posted this at all. The person who was rejected could have asked why they were rejected and shared with you, if they so desired. It was not any of your business, even if you did recommend the site.

I would suggest, if you have questions about why the moderators do things a certain way, that you contact them privately instead of on the board.

Diane

17. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

LisaMC....I have been following this when it first got started. And at no time was Barnabas ever as you described. It would not be like Barnabas's character to be so.

It is obvious you are upset. Perhaps you have mis-understood him. Why don't you start over. Start from the beginning, and explain what has you upset. Explain what the circumstances have been. Not to us...but to Barnabas.

Carefully examine the rules for the message-board. Is your friend in conflict with any of these rules? Perhaps it is the way your friend worded something, that has brought the Administration to their decision.

I just wanted you to know too Lisa, that I also; whom are a Baptist, cannot just start a thread in the "Announcement Forum". Only moderators and Administrators can. So you were not signaled out there.

God Bless
    Sherrie