1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Approval Ratings

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Speed Gracer, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

My Wife and I were watching the news tonight and heard that Bush's approval rating was now 40%, which means that 11% of republicans are probably regretting who they voted for. I tried to tell them. The other republican presidents hit low, but bush is the lowest.

Another thing we noticed from the report is how many republican presidents have been involved in scandels. Far many more than democratic presidents.

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I don't know that 11% regret voting for Bush. I don't like everything he does, but I don't regret voting for him considering the alternative. I'm not happy with my husband everyday either (I'm sure some days that's mutual :D ) but I've NEVER regretted marrying him.

Did you hear the polling questions? What organization did the polling? What was the margin of error? What was the statistical sample? Too much is involved in a poll to take the numbers offered on the nightly news at face value.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not happy with a lot of President Bush's policies and I would give him an unfavorable rating as well but I was certainly not going to vote last November for the self-admitted war criminal, John Kerry.

4. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I simply want him to stay the course on the war on terror. And he will because he said so. I don't care a whit what his approval ratings are.

I too have concerns as to many of his policies but the war on terror takes the front seat.

5. One View

One View New Member

I was called by a pollster once before the '04 election, and asked my approval of Bush. At the time, I said "undecided". I could have easily said yes or no and could have provided justification for my answer. It's a very open-ended question.

Also, the main stream media has too much power to spin things to look bad or good. And a preident is often held accountable for things beyond their power.

I cannot put much credence in these polls.

6. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

If you "could have easily said yes or no and could have provided justification for my answer" it sounds to me like undecided was a good description of your attitude. I don't understand the problem.