1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Archaeologist finds tomb of King Herod

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by webdog, May 7, 2007.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Very interesting. I look for Biblical Archaeology Review to print something on this soon, and I expect it will turn up on the History Channel or Discovery Channel or some such.

Notice the death date given -- 4 BC. A reminder of the problems of the chronology surrounding the birth of Jesus.

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

It's actually not a problem to date the chronology if you look to the Scriptures, and remember that our modern dates don't quite line up with ancient dates. Encyclopedia Britannica has a handy-dandy calendar converter, but I can no longer access it since I no longer own the software.

On the same note, I have lots of Russian kids on my bus, and their holidays are different than ours because they still go by the old calendar. But the old-not-new calendar, not the old-old calendar.