1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Archangels

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jose Ramirez, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Jose Ramirez

Jose Ramirez New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A pastor told me that there is three archangels mentioned in the bible. Archangel Michael,Gabriel, and Lucifer which he is no longer and angel much less an Archangel. I have done some studying and some research and I can only find Archangel Michael in the bible. Also the word Archangel is only mentioned in the bible twice. Can someone please help if I'm missing something or if they can explain more in detail why the other two are not mentioned as Archangels in the bible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dan_8:16 And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.
    Dan_9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.
    Luk_1:19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.
    Luk_1:26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually it;s the KJV that refers to Michael as archangel but in the Greek Michael is referred to as the cheif messengerl. The word Arch doesn't seem to appear in the original language. Arch is most likely an English term for Chief in the Greek. This below is a word for word translation directly from the Biblical Greek it was taken from.
    Jud 1:9 yet Michael, the chief messenger, when, with the devil contending, he was disputing about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring up an evil-speaking judgment, but said, 'The Lord rebuke thee!'
    All angels are messengers and are referred to as such in the KJV There can only one chief
    MB

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jose Ramirez

Jose Ramirez New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Beside the translation of the bible. The answer is there is only one and that is Michael correct. The other thing he said was that Angel's could not talk or make there own decisions. They could only act what they are demanded. Then that would also be false due to that Gabriel talked and acted on his own when zechariah did not believe him correct or am I wrong.

And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.
    Luke 1:20 KJV

5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know who told you that Angels have no will of there own. If this is what you have described. They certainly do have a will and are able to act on there own. One third of all the Angels chose to side with Lucifer. when he was made to leave Heaven. This alone proves that angels can act on there own. Yet I do believe the one's who stayed with God always do the Lords will and do it willingly. There is no such thing as real love with out the will to love.

MB

6. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's the point you are making? I missed it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gabriel is an Angel, named, is the point I think I see RevMitchell making, whereas, the fellow said he only saw Michael.

8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe Michael is the chief angel, and Gabriel is a high-ranking one. Satan was the chief cherubim, not an angel; he is the most-powerful of created beings.

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no fallen Adam. Adam did not fall. This idea is bogus Fallen men and Adam is not in scripture. Most importantly we did not inherit Adam's sin. We are not cursed with inabilities because of Adam's sin. No one has proven other wise.
    MB