1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are all sins equal?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Oct 22, 2009.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah I think we misunderstand what separates us from God and what is a result of that separation.

Our Sin (big "s") which is the result of our shared condemnation through the sin (notice the singular) nature passed along since Adam is what separates us from God.

Our sinning is the result of a condemned nature. As Christians we continue to sin because we are still dealing with the after-effects of a fallen nature. While we have been made right, spiritually, with God our sanctification, growth, in our journey with God. After our glorification we will find ourselves reunited with a complete image of God.

Maybe its a difference in looking at it. :)

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If that's the case, then there is no such thing as an unforgiveable sin, since scripture expressly states that Christ died for all sins, not some.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your right. I don't believe there is any such thing as an unforgivable sin. What sin today would be unforgivable? Who in the world today would Christ ever reject from coming to him?

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So do you think the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit cannot be committed today?

I checked 2 commentaries that I have, The King James Commentary and the Wycliffe Commentary and both agree that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is committed when a person reaches a point at which their heart is hardened against God to the point they are unreachable. I think we saw this happen with Pharaoh.

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The person that refuses to come.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

A person who never came to Christ cannot be in a position to be rejected. It's like saying you got rejected by eHarmony, when in fact you never applied.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

1 Cor. 6:18, "Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body."

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It was not called the unpardonable sin.
    Pharaoh had every chance to repent but he did not.

The unpardonable sin was committed by the Pharisees, when Jesus walked the face of this earth. They saw the very miracles that Jesus performed. They heard his voice, his sermons. When they saw his miracles they attributed them to Satan, to the work of "Beelzubub." This Jesus said was blasphemy against the Holy Spirit which would not be forgiven them. They were attributing his works to the work of Satan. They saw his miracles and attributed them to Satan. They would not be forgiven for that.

That does not happen today. Jesus does not walk among us in the flesh today. He does not perform miracles in front of us today. No one can attribute his miracles to Satan while he is doing them right before their faces, so to speak. It was a sin that happened at that point in time and history, and cannot be repeated today.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

When Jesus says "I never knew you" at the judgment, it sounds like rejection to me.

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Apparently, this is one of those subjects that Christians disagree over. I'm not alone in my interpretation if reliable commentaries are in agreement with me and you're not alone because many people interpret it as you do as well.

I guess we'll just disagree agreeably I hope. :)

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you say so.

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You might want to read that more closely. He's referring to people who never came to him in the first place, but did works to present an appearance of piety.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And that is why they were rejected. They were unbelievers pretending to be Christians.

14. JMSR

JMSR New Member

Are the ones who blaspheme the ones referred to as being reprobate?

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I realize that. But they are rejected aren't they? They didn't receive eternal life did they? And the reason they don't is because they refused to receive Christ, not that Christ didn't invite them.

Those that didn't have their wedding garments on were rejected from the wedding weren't they?

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Christ did pay the legal payment for all sin, that satisfied God's wrath against sin. That is a separate issue than man rejecting salvation and going to hell.

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That is what I think. And only God know the point at which it occurs. That is why we never stop trying to persuade people to come to Christ.

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No, they're not rejected, they never put themselves in a position of being accepted.

Again, you can't be rejected by eHarmony unless you apply first. If a person says "I got rejected by eHarmony", but that person never applied, then to say that person was rejected is an untrue statement.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I think I know where you are going with this John.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The heathen never applied. Right? But they are condemned. All the world is condemned. The Bible clearly says: "they are without excuse." The only way to heaven is through Christ, who said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes unto Father but by me." There is no other way. And that goes for the heathen in Africa, or in any other part of the world.

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes, exactly. All are condemned. That's not the same as being rejected.