1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured are Altar calls even biblical?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This commentary is probably more of an unloading than communicating......figures.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I already explained what my "problem" is.

And unless you've got only a handful of people in your church, your pastor cannot teach all of the membership on a personal level.

I study the Bible everyday, not just on Sundays. :rolleyes:

I attend a sound, Biblical church with good teachers. I'm sorry you've had such a negative experience.

Based on what I've read of your posts lately, you are not qualified to teach anyone. Your "knowledge" is sorely lacking.

I don't know what you mean by "old school".

I doubt that you'll be happy there either. You want to follow your own way and disregard what God's word has to say on it. Nobody is going to meet your expectations.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    have to understand that Old school baptists hold to informal pastors/teachers, as if someone feels led by god to do such, and the congregation approves it...

they also don't see any SS in bible, so would be JUST pastors teaching in a group setting, SS class taught by parents at home!

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    EWF,

Sorry..but i have to say this,even though you do not want me to.

You might be right about many things. Then you might have things that are not correct. Many of us have clashed over issues, ideas and opinions.

We should be able to work through differences.....even if we keep our differences. What I see is people [from each different backround}....trying to speak directly at you,and your posted thoughts.....with an overall view to help,not hurt you. The other day...Hos was joking and you reacted...he said ease up, he was joking.....Webdog and others said something. I said something , so you see me as a backstabber,etc.

If you are struggling with many issues you might not being seeing things as clear as you would at another time.....Think it out. Iron sharpens Iron if things are being conducted biblically, otherwise iron is used as weapon to attack, bite and devour one another.
    This is taking place here....right now. You do not want that.No one here does. If i saw 20 other people saying what you are saying...then i would not say it this way......but I do not see anyone saying such things.
    Let's try and and work through some of these areas in a more biblical fashion.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did think better of you. I consider that comment a direct insult. No problem, will just adjust. :smilewinkgrin:

You do know the old saying about opinions, dont you? :laugh:

Besides I really have found a faith I love ...so ....oh, never mind.:D

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you brother!!! :thumbs:

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    this is what makes being baptist intresting and fin, as we have calvinists, free willers, PB, reformed/charasmatic etc...

At least we aren't catholic, and holding same required beliefs!

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    YES.... & I know the way the catholics think & we are overrun with them....you want to talk easy believeism. :laugh: Say this prayer, "Oh my God I am heartily sorry---'Act of Contrition' & you get a free pass to heaven. Too bad I cant speak Spanish.....I can then integrate myself at the bodegas & amongst the fellas standing at the street corners waiting to get picked up. Gotta keep tryin. I dont see the Catliks active in puttin feet on the street. As a matter of fact, I dont see any churches doing it. Again, just wait for them to come in on Sunday or to the food pantries.Given enough time, I will change that dynamic.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well, you've insulted quite a few bb members in the last week. They are friends of mine and I don't appreciate it.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you believe in fighting other peoples battles....besides there are 2 sides to every argument.

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No. They don't need my help.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said...there are 2 sides to every arguement....you apparently have chosen sides.

13. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Uh, does anybody remember what the OP topic is?

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Same old song.... Are Alter Calls Biblical? :laugh:

But at risk of derailing again.....if you please, a prayer of thanks for Boston catching the Chechnya terrorists. Thanks Lord. Tremendous relief!

#154 Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2013
  15. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    What the OT and NT say about modern invitations and altar calls:

16. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

^ Sad to say it took me a minute to get it. But so true :laugh::laugh:

No.
    No in the sense that there is no precedent or command in scripture for them.
    That however doesn't mean they are wrong per se... just not a good idea if you ask me.

17. Sminasian

Sminasian Member

alter calls are not just for salvation, but a time and place where we can put our burdens at the foot of the cross. our church does alter calls for prayer, salvation with councelors, bapitism. or church membership. What I have a problem with is the sinners prayer. You got to be so careful because people will be reciting that prayer, believing they are " all set" with God and end up having a eternal life separated from the Lord, being placed in a lake of fire. NO NO and NO. There should never be a sinners prayer

18. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where is the scriptural basis for this?