1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ARE ANGELS "SAVED"?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by eloidalmanutha, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, neither are Dodgers.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I would need to see scripts that we have our own spirit in addition to God's. I read that we are born again of Spirit and Water. The old man aka evil spirit is dead. You either have God's Spirit within or the devil's. God's angels have the Spirit of God in them, they are not God, but it is the same Spirit. God is Omnipresent. </font>[/QUOTE]Man consists of the material and immaterial - the immaterial part is usually referred to as spirit. Every man has a spirit -- it not the devil's spirit or God's spirit, it is just part of man. Satan is a spirit being -- he is a fallen angel.

When one trusts Christ, he is indwelt by the Holy Spirit, the 3rd Person of the Trinity. This does not replace his own spirit -- it's in addition to it.

Angels are spirit beings - there is nothing in the scriptures that indicate that they have the Holy Spirit. They are not like people. The HS is given to men who believe in Christ.

Fallen angels are still angels and still spirit beings. They have rebelled against God - they don't have the devil's spirit because he has none to give. Satan is just a spirit being like the other angels.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hi Marcia;

I believe all you posted except I believe that Satan does have evil spirits as the following Scripture(Matt. 12) shows. I believe that man does have a spirit but it was given by God also but I think it is the spirit of life itself. (breath of life if you will) I give you your breath you live I take it you will die, both saint and sinner. The reason I believe this is because of the scripture, "the spirit goes back to God who giveth it). I think the following scripture shows that man has a spirit, soul and body:

1 Thessalonians, chapter 5
    "23": And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

spirits of the devil

KJMatt.12
    43": When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

"44": Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

"45": Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

The evil spirit has to be cast out and the Spirit of God has to come in for a man to be saved and that is in addition to the spirit of life in all men.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Hi, Brother Bob - Evil spirits are other fallen angels -- they do not come from Satan. They followed him but they are not part of his being. Satan and demons are all fallen angels and are all spirit beings.

I don't think the breath of life is our spirit -- our spirit is our immaterial self and includes our mind and identity. It is what goes to be with God after death before we get our resurrected bodies. The breath of life is life -- the life that comes from God. It may be part of our spirit but I don't think they are one and the same.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Marcia:

Revelation, chapter 12
    7": And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
    "8": And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

It seems they were angels before being cast out of Heaven. When God breath in man's nostrils the breath he became a living soul. He couldn't of had a spirit until God did this for he was a lifeless lump of clay. So I see them as being the one and same for God gave them and God will take them back. I could be mistaken but don't think so. At least you agree they may travel together. [​IMG]