1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Believers Now Reigning With Christ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TCGreek, Aug 3, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Is it safe to conclude from passages like Col.1:13; Rev. 1:5, 6; Rom 5:17 to affirm that believers are now reigning with Christ in His kingdom.

2. I understand Matt.13 to be referring to the Mystery form of the Kingdom, which we are now part of.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, oh, careful now tcg.
    This board is chockful of dispensationalists.
    But interesting topic.:thumbs:

3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Good question because BB is virtually overrun by millennial exclusionists. I think about 80% of ME folks in existence are registered here on BB.

4. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

1. Yes. And perhaps Eph 2:6 can be added to that?

2. I agree, but I think it's no longer a mystery, Paul revealed it in Eph 2 to name one place.

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. I grant that it is here now.

2. But there's a now/not yet tension in Scripture of the Kingdom.

3. We are still in the Mystery form of the Kingdom. If not, what do we do with the parables of Matt. 13 of the Wheat/Tares and Dragnet.

4. Where in Eph.2 has it been revealed?

6. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Matthew 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

7. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

The Kingdom will come.
    The Kingdom is among us.

God is three.
    God is one.

God is soverign.
    Man has free will.

Jesus is God.
    Jesus is man.

Believers are saved.
    Believers are being saved.
    Believers will be saved.

Light is particle.
    Light is wave.

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Thanks! This is actually an excellent explanation as to why ME has gained popularity. That and the parable of the mustard seed.

9. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I'm going to assume you equate the gospel of the kingdom with the leaven, so if this parable is the reason the gospel of the kingdom has gained popularity then why is it that there are very few kingdom believers left any more? If this was the leaven then we should see thousands upon thousands.

10. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

And indeed it will continue to grow, particularly as persecution arises because believers who are suffering for Christ can really get hold of promises that rich lazy Christians like us have trouble getting our fat stubby fingers around.

11. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I suspect there are thousands, they are just hidden in the meal. Certainly I know tenfold more believers in ME than I did when I first believed it.

12. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Well, I have to say we agree 100% on this. I'd say the growth of free-willism, ME, legalism, and a few more isms are portrayed quite accurately by the parables of the leaven and the mustard seed.

13. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I believe the simplicity yet profundity of your above both/and has been lost upon most people I know.

14. skypair

skypair Active Member

Thanks, TC. Wonderful questions!

He REIGNS and we reign with Him! He has "raised us up to heavenly places in Christ Jesus." We are "strangers" here and citizens above. We are "ambassadors" of the kingdom above as though we would reconcile men to God. What does all this mean?

When we believed on Christ, our souls were considered to be seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Remember what Christ said about prayer? Whatsoever you ask in My name, ye shall have it? That shows that we are already seated on His throne and, through Him, giving the orders on His authority. Have you ever experienced this?

Has it ever occurred to you that, but for the believers living in America, we'd not be the blessed nation that we are? Our "kingdom" has influenced America and every other nation for good.

"Mystery kingdom?" Yes. We're in the "mystery phase" called "mustard seed." We can see how it has grown and taken in evil "birds," can't we? Interesting that Jesus told His disciples, "If you had faith of a mustard seed [OF A CHRISTIAN, right?], you would say to this mountain..." And now they have and we do, too!

The woman and the leaven is NOT a good comparison. This prefigures the tribulation where evil will be mixed by Satan, AC, and fp (3 measures) into the meal and leaven the whole earth! Following this come the judgments at Christ's return beginning with angels removing the tares and gathering the wheat to Jesus!

skypair

#14 skypair, Aug 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2007