1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are believers who do not accept KJV-only reasoning infidels?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Logos1560, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    *sigh*
    I have no idea if the people who "liked" my post about you are KJVO or not. Neither do you, so you are making false charges against them. What does matter is that they AGREE with me that you seem to be obsessed with posting about it. <----THAT is obvious to everyone, except YOU apparently.

And yet, you continue to prove my point! Post away......I guess you can't help yourself......but......there's just no denying.........YOU ARE OBSESSED! Go spend some time with your wife and grand kids.

Sad, sir, very sad.

Now, I WILL get off here and go shopping with my spouse! Try it!

#21 Baptist4life, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is sad is your continued bearing false witness by making false allegations as you incorrectly assume or suggest that you can read my mind. Since you may be unable to find any factual errors in my posts, you seem to resort to your bogus mind-reading allegation that is not true. Do you improperly question the honesty of what I accurately stated?

I often take my wife shopping. We just got back from stores. I am eating my lunch before I go to work.

3. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Logos, you're in denial. What about your false accusation that the people who liked my post about you were KJVO believers? Did you read their minds? Are you bearing false witness against them? Anyone with half a brain can see that you are simply obsessed with the subject. Care to even guesstimate how many posts you have over the years? I would guess multiple thousands.......... Prove me wrong.... See if you can stop posting about KJVO for a month. One month. Not just here, but every other forum you post on. I don't think you can. There are none so blind as those who will not see..... You have an unhealthy obsession that everyone can see. It's blatantly obvious to even the casual observer. You come across as arrogant because you totally discredit anyone who even remotely disagrees with you. I won't continue to post because it's plain to everyone you have an issue with being honest with yourself about it.

#23 Baptist4life, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What did you discover?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The basic problem is that there is NO scriptural or textual evidence for the KJVO, but one can be a KJVP, which all holding to Only position should change over to now being!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Feedback is important for mental health. If we wall ourselves off, such that any view outside our own is rejected, we are heading around the bend...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you should read more carefully. Did you fail to notice that I stated may agree? I do not claim that every one who liked or agreed with your post were KJV-only. I did not say that someone who was not KJV-only could not have liked your post. Thus, you fail to prove that I made any false accusation. .

Here is what I actually stated.
    Because some KJV-only advocates may agree with your allegations or assertions does not prove that they are true.

I did not suggest that I read any one's minds.

Even if some non-KJV-only advocates also agreed with your allegation or assertion, it also would not prove it to be true. People's subjective opinions do not make an assertion true.

Do you attack my honesty as you try to deny the truth of what I honestly and clearly stated which demonstrated that I do not continually think about KJV-onlyism?

You have diverted this thread away from its subject. You have not stated whether or not you agree with what Terence McLean wrote. It is surprising that no modern KJV-only advocates have not objected to the extreme assertion made by this KJV-only author.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    McLean's books are still in print and are still being sold. His incorrect KJV-only claims can still influence others just as Peter Ruckman's can.

10. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh gosh it's been years since I did the research. Basically what I remember getting out of it is that the debate is centered on whether the older manuscripts "took away" scripture (which is the most common argument used by KJOs), or the TR added onto scripture.

11. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My church is KJVO but my personal conviction is that it's not biblical nor essential to the faith. Because my church takes this position the issue looms large for me. It is really to be candid the reason I originally searched out this forum, to get more information on the KJVO position.

It is true that over the years the position from my local church pulpit has been somewhat toned down. But it still puts me in a position where I need to remind myself all the time that I don't have to agree with every single detail in the statement of faith for fellowship, to worship our Lord, to give and receive a blessing and to learn from the word.

I have books on both sides of the argument but none of them have the wealth of information offered by Logos 1560 so I appreciate his input very much. What some might call an obsession is to others a passion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just think that the Lord would want to make sure that he can get His word out in the very language of the people, after all, was that not the intent of the Geneva and then the Kjv?

13. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It COULD be said that KJVOs are "infidels", as they believe a man-made, false myth, but I won't call them that.

14. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like a wiggly way to call them that while maintaining that you did not call them that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    McLean is wrong. As I read it, he is also inconsistent -- in the first excerpt saying that the person is on the slippery slope towards infidelity, and in the second saying the person is an infidel.

Who is Terence McLean?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had not heard of him until I recently ordered his book.

Terence McLean (1942-2020), who was a Christian bookstore owner (4 stores), a pastor, and perhaps the owner of Discerning the Times Publishing (Alpha, Ohio) and Dispensational Bible Institute. He was a mid-Acts dispensationalist, and he wrote a book defending his view. www.discerningthetimespublishing.com

He was a KJV-only author.

He was friends with David Otis Fuller. In his book, Terence McLean published a copy of a letter David Otis Fuller wrote him.
    In his 1983 letter to him, David Otis Fuller wrote: "It was downright GOOD to know of your two stores being 'KJV only'" (History of Your Bible, p. 69).

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks. I had never heard of him or his book before your mentioning them here.

18. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems I only post stuff against the KJVO myth almost all the time, but I type fast & have the anti-KJVO stull pretty well memorized or copied to text docs. Actually, I MIGHT spend an hour on anti-KJVO myth stuff, & another hour on anti-other false doctrine stuff on every site I visit.

I shall continue to post as I see fit, within the rules of whatever board I'm on, I expect each of YOU to do the same.

• Like Like x 1