1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Chrisitans up-to-date?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by UnchartedSpirit, Jan 22, 2006.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

I'm looking in some of pro-darwin magazenes, and never has the term 'random' ever been applied, so that the logic of their artument has shifted yet again. Is there anything out there that can track and argue against the articles in The Nation, The Progressive, Outdoor Life, Reason, Skeptic/Skepticical Inquirer, Science, and Tikkun? Please let me know if you have any.

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The antonym of RANDOM is non-random, or more pointedly, orderly or with purpose, which is the argument of those that promote Intelligent Design theory.

I'd suggest a book by William Dembski,
    DEBATING DESIGN: FROM DARWIN TO DNA [LINK]

A bit of a caveat, ID theory is not necessarily from a "young-earth creationist" perspective.

Rob

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The Skepticical Inquirer is actually a pretty good rag. They do a very good job debinking self-proclaimed psycics and paranormal "professionals" as charlatains.

4. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://answersingenesis.org/ Answers in Genesis, a 6 day creation sit with a lot of stuff, usually up to date, and including some quite technical articles. Well worth spending time browsing through.

http://www.christiananswers.net/ Christian Answers, also has a wide range of material, on more than the creation/evolution issue. Again, well worth the brows....

Regards
    Bob

5. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

What about politics? I myself didn't see the Nation, but they finally had made their claims against Alito, and a lot of magazenes are declaring Bush a theocrat forcing an radical-right regime upon the US, especially on poor people...okay maybe that dosent deserve a response, yet people in the Bay are already talking about taking over whole cities using Che tactics because of this...