1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Christians in Trouble Spiritually?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jason1, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NONE of those were manditory under the new Covenant of God, as those were to be based upon preference/conviction!

2. Charles Blair

Charles Blair New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The key here is the words of Jesus: "I never knew you." Knowing Christ is salvation; thus as the sister said, we are dealing with lost people who believe in "salvation by obedience."

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, as there are the ones who Jesus never knew in a sense of being their Lord and friend!

4. CertainSound

CertainSound New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As long as there is a devil on the loose...weeez in trouble! Not as much trouble as those that have not been born again. Stick close to the shepherd for less trouble.

Try not to over theologize my post or you will vacuum all the common sense out of it.

5. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No. Knowing him is being in a covenant relationship based on obedience to his commands. Hereby we know that we know him if we keep his commandments.

6. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is a complete farce. Commands are obligatory, not cherry picked to fit your fleshly desires.

7. Eyes on Jesus

Eyes on Jesus Member

We are too idle today in our growth and in our walk, how many of us remember we are in a race, and remember we are all running the same race, we forget we need to encourage one another in the most Holy faith, ever consider how sly the devil can be, are the treasures of the world building up more in our closets, or is the treasure of wisdom being bought up more with the devotion of spending more time in the word, and in prayer. Remember that saying revival is God's finger pointed at you, its a good one to remember it helps for us to examine ourselves to see whether we be in the faith, good book to read is Seeking the Face of God by Martin Lloyd Jones

8. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And here is the revival message:

Deu_5:29 ‘Oh, that they had such a heart in them, to fear Me and to guard all My commands always, so that it might be well with them and with their children forever!

9. KLD

KLD New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are attempting to bind the Old Law to the present day? I suggest you read Galatians 5.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KLD

KLD New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How does one get "into Christ"?

11. Christine Baker

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hi Jason,

I just wanted to say that I demonstrate my love for God by rejoicing in what Jesus did (and does) for me - and by not putting any confidence in the flesh.

I demonstrate my obedience to Him by believing on Him Whom He has sent - by not being made afraid by those who would twist the word in order to re-establish the yoke of the law...

I stood at my kitchen sink once, thinking about the wonderful things God does for me and, retrospectively, what I do for God. With a heavy sigh I looked upwards and said, "I'm sorry I'm not a very good Christian, Lord..." Immediately I heard Him answer, "Well, who is!?" It was so liberating to receive that kind of confirmation from God. I instantly felt 10' tall! I felt my heart would burst for the love of God!

The one's Jesus doesn't know, are those who proudly seek to be justified in the flesh by keeping parts of the written law.They think that Jesus will make up for where they lacked, instead of trusting in His death and resurrection alone. Basically, they have not believed on Jesus and have trampled upon as unclean (insufficient) the precious blood of the Lamb.

I rest in Him, fully trusting that He Himself will establish me and guide me and ultimately save me. All to the glory of Jesus Who loved me and died for me. I'm going home resting on the promise of God.

Sounds to me like you're climbing up some other way...

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    By God's grace. You cannot enter on your own power (lest any man should boast). God must make you alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:4-9).

• Like Like x 1
  13. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ezekiel 36:26
    Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

God is great. He has done this through the atoning work of Yeshua, YHWH himself.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you rejoice in sin now? Remember sin is breaking the torah (1 john 3:4)

Your obedience is only by belief? That means you can murder, worship idols, steal, and break the sabbath now? Wrong christ you're following if so.

Yoke of law = obedience to YHVH (notice how many new testament letters start by calling themselves "servants")
    Yoke of oral law = obedience to man (what galations was against)

Walking in newness of life is having our debts erased (past sins) and walking with new obedience in spirit and in truth (same laws, better mediator).

15. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Apparently He missed writing those laws on you because you despise them (hard heart).

Pro_4:2 For I gave you good instruction: Do not forsake my Torah.
    Pro_7:2 Guard my commands and live, And my Torah as the apple of your eye.
    Hos_8:12 “I have written for him numerous matters of My Torah – they were regarded as strange.

16. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LOL, your accusations are from hell. Be gone Satan.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually Sir, they are from YHVH:

Lev_19:17 ‘Do not hate your brother in your heart. Reprove your neighbour, for certain, and bear no sin because of him.
    Pro_3:11 My son, do not despise the discipline of יהוה, And do not loathe His reproof;

Psa_119:142 Your righteousness is righteousness forever, And Your Torah is truth.

18. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, they are twisted perversions from the cult you are in. It's 100% demonic the way you are perverting God's word. That kind of perversion is from hell. I pray that one day God releases you from your chains. At present you are a blind man who doesn't know the Light.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have not shown it to be so because you have not answered any of the points I made.
    I showed you three places in the NT where the dietary laws are shown to be discontinued. Just to remind you, they are Mark 7:18; Acts 10:13-15 (repeated in Acts 11), and Romans 14:14. 1 John 3:4 is irrelevant. You need to deal with those texts. What do they mean?
    I think you'll find I did.
    Philippians 3:5. 'Concerning the law, a Pharisee......concerning the righteousness that is in the law, blameless.' Where is there any suggestion that Paul was talking about oral law? There is none. So I ask you again; is your righteousness greater than being blameless in the righteousness that is in the law? Otherwise you will by no means enter the kingdom of God (Matthew 5:20).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Forgiven0777

Forgiven0777 New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't eat fish that does not have scales and fins ..on clothing ? Well I do not believe in religious restrictions I do however believe in Christian convictions. The New Testament did away with OT religious restrictions like sacrificing animals for sin and other however When it comes to clean and non clean animals ,fowl, fish that was not nailed to the Tree. The law of ordinance was nailed the tree but the Ten Commandments and the eating of what is clean and unclean was not. Fish ,foul and animals that were unclean still are because they can cause parasite in your stomach . When reading " What God has cleansed is cleansed " was referring to Gentiles ..the Jewish people believe that Gentiles were UNCLEAN like unclean animals. In fact Gentiles were not allowed to go into the holy place ..not even were Jews allowed behind the holy of holies only Priest were but Yeshua gave all born again access to the Throne of God when we pray in spirit.. Christ Yeshua split the veil , Yeshua broke down the dividing wall of separation of Jews and Gentiles bringing them both together... that is all who are born again they are of the seed of Abraham as God promised Abraham ...all that are born again of Christ Yeshua are Jew ( GAL. 3:29 )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.