1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Christians in Trouble Spiritually?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jason1, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The New Covenant? Yes, Jesus Said, "Be Mine," and i said, "I will." A forever union with the Lord.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Technically, yes, you could sin unto death, or obey unto life. Your call pal

It is great news. We can be restored back to the Father and obey him in sincerity of truth now. Woohoo!

3. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Any terms included? A covenant is a "deal". You are correct in a very basic understanding.

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Word died and so "you in Him are buried together with Him in his death by the circumcision of HIM" who is the Minister, the Mediator and, "the ministration of death with Glory" even the Glory of the New and Everlasting Covenant of God's Grace Christ is the Fulfiller and fulfilment of.

God cannot and never has, entered into covenant with <<a dead person>>. The <<Old Covenant>> is "Let the dead bury their dead" -- "without hope and without God in this world". Because the so-called <<old covenant>> is the word of oath of man who in his foolishness tries to lift himself up by the strings of his boots.

Now what? "Come to Me all you weary and heavy-laden, and I will give your Rest ... without money, without price" but the Price of the LIFE of Him who bought you and freed you from both your slave master, yourself, and your enslavement to, your sins and sinful desire.

5. Charles Blair

Charles Blair New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Key there is that we are assured of having met Him by obedience, though saved by meeting Him in faith. Grace comes first, received by faith, enjoyed in obedience. Gone for weekend.

6. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God said He will never leave me nor forsake me. He covenanted to Love and Keep more forever...it's not conditional on what I have done or will do. It is conditional on what Jesus has done. My response is now Love reciprocated and obedience to Him. That is not part of the contract, that is a response TO the contract.

You don't understand the New Covenant, it's all God, All the time. He is upholding The covenant, both Sides. Christ within us, Him pouring upon us His love.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    None of your business.
    Typical of them happy klappies; have no manners...

8. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Right on

9. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm sorry, but obedience is still required or you truly are not His.

Mat_7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen!

That's why God cannot have an 'old covenant'. How could God get out of a <<the contract>> He is <<both Sides>> of; which <<He is upholding...all the time>>; which is <<all God's...NEW Covenant>>?

Man o man, of whose 'old covenant' are the <spirit-filled> always talking?

11. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    like i said, Obedience is a result of being Born again. Christ lives within me, Galatians 2:20, of course obedience will follow. Is God impotent?

BTW, You quote Matthew where The Lord is addressing False Teachers. You have poor hermeneutics which leads you to poor exegesis which leads to bad doctrine. Quit treating scripture like a buffet-line.

12. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    False prophets. Lets look this word up:

pseudoprophētēs
    psyoo-dop-rof-ay'-tace
    From G5571 and G4396; a spurious prophet, that is, pretended foreteller or religious impostor: - false prophet.

A religious impostor. Who are fake religious people? The verses preceding is telling:

Mat 7:12 “Therefore, whatever you wish men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Torah and the Prophets.
    Mat 7:13 “Enter in through the narrow gate! Because the gate is wide – and the way is broad – that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in through it. ​

The Narrow gate is Torah. Many choose the way of the world as the broad way (disobedience).

So people that teach (forum posters included) against torah and do lawlessness are bound for destruction. Scripture is quite clear on this.

13. Christine Baker

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I agree, Jon! Well said!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Friend, there is obedience; and there is disobedience. And scarcely any similarity.
    But then there is obedience that worketh self-righteousness; and there is disobedience "that worketh iniquity". And scarcely any difference.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I guess you guys get to have a sin party now then because there is no consequences apparently.

16. Christine Baker

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

So typical of the self righteous, so easily offended...

17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 10 Commandments and the entire dietary and ritual laws werer given to JUST nation of israwel though, and we are just under the obligation now of keeping the moral aspects of the Law period!

18. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, you're under no obligation to keep anything until you join in covenant with the Father.

If you do, then you are engrafted into Israel to whom the promises and the commandments are given. You are then obligated to keep the whole of torah. Every Word from the Father's mouth.

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who are really saved have a new nature that now wants to please God, and the Hly Spirit who desires us to please God, so IF we do choose to disobey Him and commit sins, its due to us yeilding to the old nature and not the new one!
    And really saved have done all sorts of gross sins, but thank God he is still faithful and true to fully forgive all our sins!

IF you state that we are still under obligation to keep all OT things, what does it nean to now be under the New Covenant of Grace?

20. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How do you obey the Father without listening to His words (found in the OT)?

Do you see how this makes no sense?

The old covenant was also about grace. They didn't deserve all of His works and wonders.

The new covenant gives us better promises to help us keep the torah. In fact He will write it on our minds (so we know it) and our hearts (so we love it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.