1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are IFB churches unbiblical?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by seekingthetruth, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Rick, I am waiting for the heretic IFB doctrines.

This is your chance to tell us where we are wrong.

John

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I attend an IFB church. I'd like to see the list as well.

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I just named one. Did you not see it?

4. seekingthetruth

The weak argument that KJVO is worth you "demoshing" IFB?

That is not a biblical doctrine. Evidently you didnt see my response so here it is again.

"KJVO is an opinion on translations, it is neither biblical nor unbiblical. It's like choosing rice or potatoes, the Bible doesn't say.

And, who is going to be denied salvation because they are KJVO?

Nobody

Try again for a real one this time"

Rick, this is not a reason to condemn a whole group of born again Christians. It is NOT a biblical matter/doctrine, it is simply a personal choice

John

5. seekingthetruth

Please give me a real objection to a real biblical doctrine that you think we deserve to be condemned over.

KJVO is just personal opinion, it has no biblical basis for or against. It is NOT a doctrine

John

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Rick, I notice that members of your church have been part of the Mason's and The Order of the Eastern Star. Have you fought these evil, satanic, secret societies within your church? Why have church members been allowed to remain members of your church and also be members of these secret societies? It seems you might have some work to do on the home front before you become an internet super hero.

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Kjvo is a new doctrine that says god did not cease the work of inspiration with the canon and it is terribly divisive.

No scholar thinks the common form of kjvo is a theory of translation. It is a new doctrine.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is KJVO a opinion - yes - and for some (not all) KJO - they honestly believe that you cannot be saved from a non-KJV Bible.

9. matt wade

That is not the way the vast majority of KJVOs believe. What you describe is a very small percentage of KJVO.

10. seekingthetruth

If the church that is KJVO teaches the gospel as God intended and people get saved and serve, what difference does KJVO make? It's their choice, but it doesnt hurt the Gospel, so how can it be heretic?

John

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not gonna argue that one. Phillip is an example, as he's stated in previous threads. His daughter attends an IFB church that contends that there is only one bible, and it's the KJ.

I run a portal for IFB churches; I recently took down a link because I found video of the pastor shouting at a man to get the h*!! out of "his" church. First, for a pastor to shout and curse from the pulpit is a man who isn't fit to be a pastor; second, it ain't "his" church.

Now that said, there's two churches we can identify. So Luke, the question now becomes, how many IFB churches hold to this KJ "above all else" doctrine? What's the percentage of IFB churches that hold this doctrine?

12. seekingthetruth

Salty, I have seen people on here post about this but I have not actually encountered a preacher that taught this.

It is just wrong.

John

13. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am KJVO, and I DO NOT BELIEVE that a person can only be saved from
    a KJV Bible. My daughter-in-law was saved from an NIV Bible.

So there.

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not defending Luke here; but the way it can be heretical is by preaching that you can't be saved using any other bible. By saying that if a church isn't KJ only, it's not a true church, and nothing good can come out of it. In other words, establishing a doctrine that isn't biblically based.

The complaint by Luke is sound. The question you asked, however, is also sound: How many? What constitutes "some"?

Luke's error, even when he remembers to use the qualifier "some," is that he doesn't put a number on it.

15. seekingthetruth

Don, those are the churches that give IFB a bad name. Like I said before, we have 4 IFB churches in our area, three good ones and one Hyles camp church. The Hyles camp church is every bit as legalistic and mean as you describe, and it casts a dark shadow over our church because of what people hear about it.

John

16. seekingthetruth

I totally agree with you Don. We use the KJV but we don't demand it. And we certainly don't condemn churches that don't. And I think that you would find that most IFB churches are like this.

John

17. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I think it is a significant percentage.

18. matt wade

Prove it. You made the claim, now prove it. Unless you can prove your claim you are simply spreading gossip and hearsay.

19. seekingthetruth

I have got to go to bed, but I hope when I wake up that Rick/Luke will have posted a list of legitimate heretical doctrines taught by IFB.

Good night
    John

20. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

There what?

Has anyone argued that that form of kjvo doesn't exist?

So there? Really?

Really?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.