1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Men Creators?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

It has been said on this list by at least one, that man 'creates' nothing. What do you think and what do you support your ideas with?

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

No replies thus far. Strange.......

3. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Obviously this would depend on how you define "create". God creates out of nothing. People create out of existing materials and ideas, usually building on the creations of people before them.

So I would say yes.

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

Now that I read your post, I should have limited the scope of creation to the realm of morals. Is man the creator of his intents or are his formed intents merely driven by or a reflection of his inner self? Are we the first cause of our intents and subsequent actions, or are the intents and acts of man a mere reflection of some power or force causing them to come to pass?

As for God, I would disagree. God does not create from nothing. He speaks things into existence by power within Him. I would consider His power 'something' even though it is beyond my comprehension.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

Yes. Works of art and music are new creations. So are new books and photographs.

many of our greatest are at least on the edge of insanity if not over the edge. Can God create works of insanity?

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

This thread reminds me of this joke:

One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost."

God listened very patiently and kindly to the man and after the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this, let's say we have a man making contest." To which the scientist replied, "OK, great!"

But God added, "Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

God just looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!"

7. billwald

billwald New Member

Your story confuses engineering and science. <G> Engineers make things. Scientists think.

8. Heavenly Pilgrim

Sorry Amy, there is one in every crowd.:laugh:

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Bill is onto something here. If one says that man is the first cause of nothing, God is the Sole Cause to blame. Excellent point Bill. Now, establish it with Scripture.