1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are non fundamentalists unsaved?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Clinch, welcome to the BB!

2. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Clinch, welcome to the BB!

:D

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My sympathy for your bad experience. I, too, have had bad experiences with other fundamentalists, but I'm a fundamentalist not because of experience but by conviction. And the thing is, Catholics, liberals and evangelicals are just as capable of being nasty as fundamentalists.

Last summer I corresponded with a prof in a Southern Baptist seminary who had been one of the conservatives when the place was run by "moderates." He was treated very nastily.

Edited in: I notice you are from WV. I've heard those WV ind. Bapt. are more radical than the ones in other parts of the country.

#63 John of Japan, Apr 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2008
  4. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Okay here's how it is ,to be saved you must be:
    IFB KJVO
    men wear sears slacks and sports coats, no mustache or beard
    women wear skirts and dresses bought mainly from thrift stores, Walmart, and Sears. No short hair, no pants
    no smokin of any kind ,but if you can keep it private , dippin snuff and chewin are ok if you promise to really dog the smokers.
    If you are divorced ,you have commtted the unpardonable sin. You may however give, work on clean-up crews and the like.
    You must be highly judgemental
    If you don't already have one you must grow a very long nose to help you look down on others.:laugh: :thumbs: :praying:

5. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Truth is there are many groups of fundamentalists. Which ones are you talking about? The emphasis changes from group to group. Remember this is America where everybody has a right to be stupid. Right now there are KJVO, Non-KJVO, reformed IFB, and several more flavors.

I remember a time when my brother-in-law tried to point out to me how important it was to be a baptist so folks knew what you stood for. I dare him to say that with a straight face now. The IFB is all over the place just like the rest of the baptists.:BangHead:

6. ituttut

ituttut New Member

No doubt.
    By the same token a true fundamentalist of Islam is a Muslim. Your first insertion may, or may not be correct, for the term "fundamentalist" identifies what we believe to be the centrality from which we build. As "fundamentalists" do we believe he Word, or do we believe "doctrine of our church, the denomination? Do we know what the "fundamentals" are of our denomination of which we are tied? Which branch of the Baptist denomination is the "core"? There are over 100 Baptist Presenters of the truth. Can the SBC, the Primitive, the Northern (and on it goes) all claim to be the source of "fundamentalism", yet all hold to different standards?

Anyone who believes that Jesus Christ can save them by the Grace of God, Through Faith (no works), I believe is a fundamentalist of what we call the Christian faith which we find so named after Paul began to preach in Antioch, Acts 11:26, "Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul: 26. And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch." This moved (or was moving) the Jew from Jerusalem worship to be merged into the gospel of the Gentile. The Gospel of the Gentile? What in the world is this? The Body of Christ, and through faith we are led to the seven (7) one's (1's) we find in Ephesians 4:4-6.

7. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I have known people just like your list. But the funny thing is I have also known people who match your list except for the beard thing. They REQUIRE beards, or at least say it is wrong for a man not to have one!
    And both sides will show you from their KJV why they are right!

8. superwoman8977

superwoman8977 New Member

Why do you say wrong. You dont know my heart, just like I dont know the heart of the guy in the seat next to me in my office. Actions dont say much either I know a person who was an all around good guy and no one knew when he died that he had never been to church a day in his life. He didnt have a relationship with the Lord but you would never know it.

9. nunatak

nunatak New Member

Didn't you read the scriptures I posted??