1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are our churches dying?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by El_Guero, Nov 10, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I'm betting the damage - infighting, claiming God as a white, conservative American, and hatred disguised as righteousness, has already been done.

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the real answer lies with each individual church. The real question might be, "Is my (or your) church dying?"

The church I pastor is not a dying church. We're not growing as much as we could (nor as much as I wish we were), but there is evidence of spiritual and numerical growth. Still, we have a long way to go to be the church we're supposed to be.

My question for Tragic_Pizza is this: can God no longer grow His church? Best I can figure out, God is still on the throne! God is still God! He can do whatever He wants to do!

#3 SBCPreacher, Nov 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2006
  4. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

We're starting another "new approach" at our church. Reminding folks that humbling ourselves in prayer, real prayer, some Wednesday evening, into the wee small hours, is when God shows up - that's the only "new approach" that we need.

I remember a church praying around the clock for days on end. I remember the greatest revival in the history of that church, that spread out into the community.

God has his program already in place. He has outlined it for us. It's a best seller. Millions upon millions of copies are available. :applause: