1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are people hypocrite's or just fighting Gods will for whatever reason

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Mishelly, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Mishelly

Mishelly New Member

Honeslty, do you think one is a bad Christian because of some of there thoughts and or views on life and the way they express themselves?

They know it is wrong but yet still do it.

"Have thine own way Lord, Have thine own way. You are the potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me, after thine will, while I am waiting, yeilding and still."

I believe this, sounds like something from My Utmost for hit Highest

I do want to be a good Christian, born and raised; so why say and or do things that do not Glorify Him?

OK, I am talking about myself, just sounded better to put it they way I did :laugh:

An example of what I mean: I was venting a my personal blog earlier and well, err, the words I used were not appropriate in any way shape or form.

I think I am a good person who wants to Glorify God, but if this is the truth then why do I vent the way that I do?

Your thoughts, AND YES I THINK I THINKS TOO MUCH, I THINKS :tongue3:

2. preacher

preacher New Member

We do & say things all the time that "might not" glorify...in our thinking. I know we all mess up at times...thats why He said "strive to be perfect" cause we will nerver be that way till we're HOME!!! Over the last coupl of years I've looked at things concerning our Lord from a lot of different angles. Despite everything...He is still GOD, but sometimes I think we expect too much of ourselves. He knew our imperfections when HE saved us....knows the very next thought in our feeble little minds. We tend to focus on what people think is "Godly" & not on what His Word says!!! I have learned that there is a nutrual (for lack of a better word) in that as long as we're sincere to HIM...then it really does'nt matter what others think. Study on Paul...& of course Peter. Not what others have written on them, but in HIS Word. It's a struggle all the way home for most...but it doesn't have to be!!!!

I do have a question....christian, born & raised...hope that was a typo!!

#2 preacher, Jun 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2006
  3. Mishelly

Mishelly New Member

Yes, my thoughts do not always come out the way they should :confused:

I was born to Christian parents and came to know Christ through them - I was born twice :praise:

Thank you for your reply, helps me to understand it better - I have a LOT of work to do with Glorifying God

4. preacher

preacher New Member

Yes...we are to glorify HIM in all we do, but He knows that won't happen with "every" thought & action. Just make sure in your blog you don't glorify anyone else, & oh yes there is a difference between giving glory,...& giving honor to whom honor is due, & don't give place to the devil!!!!! Takes time to learn that one!