1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are Sunni and Shia Islam a False Gospel like Mormonism?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Steven Yeadon, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reason I ask this question is because of the central importance of Jesus to the Quran and the Semitic history of the Arabs. It seems to me that Sunni and Shia Islam are about as out there as Mormonism and should be given the moniker of "false Gospel" by Christians instead of being treated as entirely Pagan religions like Eastern Religions and Greek Mythology. It seems that Islam is an erroneous take on the truth rather than a faith that never cared about the truth to begin with.

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Islam is even further from the truth than the LDS. Its allah bears little resemblance to the true and living God of the Bible.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are all false religions. There is no Gospel in them.

4. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must add that I am someone who believes that false Gospels do not save people. That includes Mormonism and to me Roman Catholicism. These religions can give aspects of the truth, but salvation is the result of trusting the true Jesus of a literal reading of the bible, not a made up one outside the bible.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you not already know Islam is a false religion, Sunni, Shia or otherwise?

6. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you misinterpreted me. To avoid this response I later posted:

I must add that I am someone who believes that false Gospels do not save people. That includes Mormonism and to me Roman Catholicism. These religions can give aspects of the truth, but salvation is the result of trusting the true Jesus of a literal reading of the bible, not a made up one outside the bible.​

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying a Catholic cannot be saved from within their church framework?

8. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul's statement in 2 Corinthians may also be seen as the working of the false religions both by their founders and the continuation of them.

12But what I am doing I will continue to do, so that I may cut off opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the matter about which they are boasting. 13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.
    There is not a false religion that does not conform to this statement.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not if they accept the Jesus of Roman Catholic Dogma over the Jesus of the bible.

10. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps it is that no one is saved "within their church framework?"

Does not "faith come(s) from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ" so that no person or group has the ability to "shut up" the gospel to any other?

#10 agedman, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My sister was a cerebral palsey, so how did she hear?

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what do you need a Baptist Church for?

13. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Three areas need considered:
    First:
    The hearing given by God for faith to be endowed comes through the word of God. They are not natural hearing ears that hang on the body and use intellect to discern sounds.

Second:
    The physical aspects of cerebral palsy may or may not impact the mental acuity. Most do not have impairment or only slight impairment. A third of those with cerebral palsy do have significant impairment which brings up the third point.

Third:
    I am a person who holds that the "law of God" is written upon the heart of every person who was ever born. The law has two functions. One is to let that person know they do not meet God's standard, and two, to "point" that person to the standard being met in Christ.

That understood, there is a time when a person is born where they may know the standard or right and wrong, but have not developed the cognitive awareness of personal accountability. The child may do all manner of evil, not aware or with the understanding of just how evil the evil truly is as a violation.

There is no condemnation in such a condition. Unlike human law which allows for no recognition of learning and awareness, God does not present accountability on such terms.

Therefore, the child is secure in the grace of God.

14. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't.

Believers need an assembly of like mined believers of with which to gather in worship and support.

The term Baptist is a indication of a certain system concerning basic (or fundamental) doctrines that the Scriptures support.

In comparison to the RCC, which bases their belief more on tradition and places the Scriptures as subject to the statements of men. Hence the areas of emphasis that they exalt which are not found in the Scriptures: purgatory, confessionals, praying to saints, hail Mary's, infant baptism, incense and smoke, candles, icons, relics ...

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forgot insence

16. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    insence or incense?

I can be incensed at the incense permeating the air. :)

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever! Stepping in for Rippon I see.:p

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It’s all, “business”....nothing more.

19. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it?

I suppose one could support that the denominational aspects of any gathering, and even that of gatherings of unbelieving groups is "all business."

Much does resolve to the basic reasons for any business: Make money to self perpetuate. This is why all businesses are ultimately corrupt.

However, the assembly should not be a business in the worldly aspects, but a common. Based upon the Scriptures and support of the weakest, most needy, and irregardless of outside worldly influences the wisdom of God.

Not many (in my opinion) are about the "Father's business" but about their own interests.

20. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I could never be one to fill those unique shoes. My gnarly toes would never conform.

:)