1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are the Bears a good team?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Nov 19, 2010.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Bill Parcells once famously said that "you are what your record says you are." The much maligned Chicago Bears are 7-3 after shutting out the Fins last night. 7-3. Nobody is more surprised about Chicago being 7-3 than Bears fans are, especially after getting embarrassed by the Giants a few weeks ago.

It might be time to start thinking of them as good. I expected them to finish at 7-9 or 8-8 and I now think that 9-7 is within reach. That may be good enough to get into the playoffs for a first round flameout, but for now, 7-3 feels pretty good.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Some are beginning to pile on, saying the Bears haven't played anyone. But you play the teams on your schedule. It isn't like the Bears made this schedule - the NFL did. They should feel no shame in being 7-3. Now, if they close at 7-9, fine, let the talking heads blast all they want. But 7-3 looks pretty good to me. So I think the criticism is unfair.

3. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

In a word, no. They are mediocre in a parity-ridden league, and if (or when) they make the playoffs, they will lose in the first round - guaranteed.*

*Barring any unforeseen circumstance like if they played the Packers in the first round and Aaron Rodgers is hurt - or something huge like that, which wouldn't surprise me considering the luck the Bears have had this season - e.g., getting to play the Dolphins on a short week against their 3rd string QB.

4. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

We'll find out when they play the Packers again...

I expect that they may learn a lesson similar to Minnesota yesterday. :smilewinkgrin: